Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mods in HD?

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

That's a difference... Thx, I'll try it out.

Btw I saw both lodbias commands but I thought it can't be the tex_ one. Nice find.

- - - Updated - - -

Addition:

Now I have tried it out. Well... maps looking good but the players are grey like the textures and the rocket explosions r so huge now that you can see nothing else and the sniper crosshair is totally fucked up. No QL feeling dude
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

i play ql with normal textures, blurry makes my eyes melt

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    I wonder if it's true what Click says. I play QL sometimes since Sam has died and I'm not a pro but I'm average there. I do my frags and my skills are fucked up since I changed settings 2 years ago. I don't play on the highest ladder though - but you don't have to.

However it's really fast and straining sometimes but the graphics are AWESOME. Better than Sam with lightbulbs, you'd have to be blind not to see your enemy.

Can we suggest to Croteam that they add an option for fullbright models like in QL? I saw that they do updates. There are bugs in HD anyway. When you hide the player model you don't have a sniper crosshair anymore wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

btw "Reppie" an ex-progamer in QL played with 6cm/360°. His aim wasn't bad. Most pros use 20-40cm/360° though.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried ren_fLODBias=10 out now but it's useless imo. It just let's disappear items in far distance. I dunno how this could help. ??
    Most of them use 40-60cm / 360.
    I think 50cm is enough for QL
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

50cm... I doubt the average player plays like that. Maybe in CS. Also because QL is damn fast. u gotta be able to do quick turns often
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    50cm... I doubt the average player plays like that. Maybe in CS. Also because QL is damn fast. u gotta be able to do quick turns often
    Strenx - 50-52cm/360
    Cypher - 46-47 cm / 360
    Evil: 44-46cm / 360
    Cooller - around 46cm / 360
    Av3k - 44-45 cm/360
    Noctis - around 38cm / 360

some of the players used little amount of quake acceleration, but I think not anymore. In the past they used it to compensate negative acceleration, but back then they used shitty mice and quake had different acceleration style. Now by default you need a specified amount of "mouse speed" to be applied (move your mouse with specific speed) in order to kick acceleration in.
    I can turn very fast even with 50cm/360, i do straight and consistent circle/strafe jumps without any problem, i can rocketjump without any problem. You just need to "move your mouse more" -that's all.

Though rapha (~21cm/360), k1llsen 30cm/360, Stermy - 23cm/360 etc can play with high senses, but their aim isn't accurate. They win duels because duel is not only aim, they're just smart enough and know the map/tactics very well. Duel doesn't need 100% accurate aim. Clan Arena is different, there you need maximum accuracy, it's like chess. The more damage you do during the whole round, the higher chance team might win.

Though using mouse2 as jump is much better when you adapt it. You can shaft with spacebar (as zoom) with LG or use zoom for rail. its easier to rocketjump/move/circlejump etc with mouse2 as jump. Took me 1-2 days to adapt (2 hours of playing per day).

Imho acceleration is alot harder to adapt that's why it's better to turn it off and learn to play without it (fast turning etc.)
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information