Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    MobbingZone24 Elite

Downloads: 34  Uploads: 0

2133 for ddr4 is actually terrible, especially if you own ryzen cpus

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by InFecTeD View Post
    yeah i know that, but 2133Mhz is enough in my opinion
    3200 MHz
    then i dont get why you purchased 3200Mhz ones

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

MobbingZone24 Elite

maybe that's not his pc

Hardstyle <3

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    then i dont get why you purchased 3200Mhz ones
    yes it can. But i havent 3200Mhz yet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    maybe that's not his pc
    and maybe your not privateer

VPN Elite

yes it can. But i havent 3200Mhz yet
    i bet you game on 720p with your 1080 Ti, too

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

Downloads: 60  Uploads: 5

after further tests I don't think OCing the ram affected the CPU, back to 2133mhz and still no way to get that 21K back, always around 20500

Graphics score is very stable always the same by 100 points difference, but the CPU varies from 500 to 1000 physics for some reason from one benchmark to another, might be caused by the auto OC, I will try more things soon

the PC crashed at 4.4 but it works perfectly at 4.399 so i'll see what I can do with that. Voltage is set on auto and goes over 1.4v at frequency peak, temps are decent

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

MobbingZone24 Elite

you seem to have no idea what you're doing

VPN Elite

Infected: LoL MOrE MegAhErtZ doeSnT MaTTeR

this couldnt get any worse

Skyward: hold my beer

i mean, forums are a great place to ask experienced people what to do

Campers Clan

you seem to have no idea what you're doing
    well, just testing stuff on the fly, OCing the 7600K was rather easy and gave visible (and regular benches) results even when reducing the vcore a lot.

Ryzen seems completely different and I can't explain the large score difference from a bench to another althought I haven't touched anything so i'm just trying to find out why. It's definitely not normal to hit 21K on first bench and then all the next ones get worse by 1000 physics with the exact same settings that gave me the 21K

MobbingZone24 Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    well, just testing stuff on the fly, OCing the 7600K was rather easy and gave visible (and regular benches) results even when reducing the vcore a lot.

Ryzen seems completely different and I can't explain the large score difference from a bench to another althought I haven't touched anything so i'm just trying to find out why. It's definitely not normal to hit 21K on first bench and then all the next ones get worse by 1000 physics with the exact same settings that gave me the 21K
    it would be the best for you to not oc anything if you don't have any knowledge about it. just set your profile to DOCP, which would be AMD's equivalent of intel's XMP profile (afaik), so your memory is working at it's advertised speed. 3000 mhz is a little too low for ryzen chips, those would really benefit from 3200 or better higher clocks. Setting it at 2133 is a terrible idea, change it asap. I would focus on overclocking you gpur right now, and if you really want to oc that ryzen, better ask someone who's done that before, like amco. don't test stuff 'on the fly' or you may cause some damage to your hardware

and never do auto OC, it usually sets an unnecessary high voltage on your cpu and also messes up frequency and timings on RAM, always do stuff manually so you know what changes have you made and what setting you could reverse in case of any problems occur

VPN Elite

it seems like u have all settings on auto

but i gotta agree, overclocking intel is much easier, but i tell ya - your CPU is fine.. no need to oc
    just put on the xmp profile on your ram and its gonna be enough

rather focus on your card, it seems to be a beast with 1950 Mhz stock clocks, push it a little

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

I remember overclocking Intel Core 2 Duo, these were the times. FSB running on 400Mhz without any voltage changes (main FSB was 333Mhz). Could do 3,2Ghz core clock (vs main 2,66Ghz) with pure simplicity and the temperatures were just alittle bit higher than without OC setup. And guess what - didn't even require better cooling - it worked well on stock Intel cooler
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

VPN Elite

it would be the best for you to not oc anything if you don't have any knowledge about it. just set your profile to DOCP, which would be AMD's equivalent of intel's XMP profile (afaik), so your memory is working at it's advertised speed. 3000 mhz is a little too low for ryzen chips,
    the xmp profiles are still an intel only feature, amd adapted it and in 2/10 cases the settings can cause errors
    just put the voltage a little higher then it usually fixes it

and i think u got that wrong that anything besides 3200mhz "is too low" for ryzen cpus
    the best and most stable RAM frequency is 3600 MHz to any ryzen 3 series cpu, but in fact these ram sticks are exorbitantly overpriced in its performance relation
    its completely fine to get 3000-3200 ones as a normal consumer as they are signifficantly cheaper and ryzens actually do have enough of a huge benefit from that ~ der8auer on answering a similar youtube comment

running below these frequencies on 3 series cpus is a nobrainer, i think that should be clear too

Campers Clan

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/45175438?

DOCP 3000mhz is on, OCed the 2070 Super up to 2070Mhz before I get visible graphics bugs, OCed vram frequency aswell to max value until benchmark crashes.

Will hardly do better with that system, ocing the ryzen to get from 4.4 to 4.5 seems rather pointless

edit: too bad I couldn't beat amcotrud score by just 200 points
    Last edited by Skyward; 28.03.2020 at 21:47.

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    the xmp profiles are still an intel only feature, amd adapted it and in 2/10 cases the settings can cause errors
    just put the voltage a little higher then it usually fixes it

and i think u got that wrong that anything besides 3200mhz "is too low" for ryzen cpus
    the best and most stable RAM frequency is 3600 MHz to any ryzen 3 series cpu, but in fact these ram sticks are exorbitantly overpriced in its performance relation
    its completely fine to get 3000-3200 ones as a normal consumer as they are signifficantly cheaper and ryzens actually do have enough of a huge benefit from that ~ der8auer on answering a similar youtube comment

running below these frequencies on 3 series cpus is a nobrainer, i think that should be clear too
    Finally, correct info. Now people will understand why do I use 3000Mhz ddr4 memory to build Ryzen based systems.
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread Information