Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
    Campers Clan

Downloads: 60  Uploads: 5

How to choose your mouse (2014)

I found an interesting article.

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-gaming-mouse/?page=1

I didn't test most of the mouses he mentioned in this article, but merging my knowledge, experiences, researchs and impressions, I would simply agree with every single statement he did.
    I could just complain about the fact he talks about gaming mices but never about the mousepads which should go together..

Definitely worth the check if you're lost to find a mouse that fits your hand and your gameplay.
    If you got any question (being too lazy to read the article) just ask me what do you need and I will answer you

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

deathadder as best best mouse seems legit

luk3 sent me a pm about special mouse cases that fits his fingernails but hes too shy to ask here

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    deathadder as best best mouse seems legit

luk3 sent me a pm about special mouse cases that fits his fingernails but hes too shy to ask here
    luk30 fingernails grip lel

This article looks like a big advert to razer as they've been doing lately with their new razer death adder chroma, claiming it was the best gaming mouse ever made, but still, owning the mamba and my brother the DeathAdder 2013, I can fairly say the article stays legit too. I've never enjoyed any other mouse more than the mamba (so equals DA) especially for its ergonomic form.

I'll only disagree on one point: Razer did not improve their finish quality, the anti-slide rubber on both sides of the mouse still gets unsticked by itself after a few months... but you can still stick it again with classic super-glue and it won't move anymore.

Now my advice: try to buy a mouse featuring a "surface scanner" that adapts the sensor for the surface you're currently using, it's so MUCH better, trust me. (Note that it works only with monochrome mousepads, if your pad has drawings on it, you might eventually encouter some jitter issues, just like me.)

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

This article has been paid by Razer

Pros still tend to use cheap microsoft mice, kinzu v1 with built in accel, kana, abyssus, Zowie ec evo, ec2 etc.
    Deathadder is good but I wouldn't say the best, it's teflon skates are very small and it causes more friction on pads like qck+

Maybe I would just need to change mousepad to goliathus or some zowie one, but the difference in friction is minor. Every good mouse should have large teflon skates.
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

Director

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    luk30 fingernails grip lel

This article looks like a big advert to razer as they've been doing lately with their new razer death adder chroma, claiming it was the best gaming mouse ever made, but still, owning the mamba and my brother the DeathAdder 2013, I can fairly say the article stays legit too. I've never enjoyed any other mouse more than the mamba (so equals DA) especially for its ergonomic form.

I'll only disagree on one point: Razer did not improve their finish quality, the anti-slide rubber on both sides of the mouse still gets unsticked by itself after a few months... but you can still stick it again with classic super-glue and it won't move anymore.

Now my advice: try to buy a mouse featuring a "surface scanner" that adapts the sensor for the surface you're currently using, it's so MUCH better, trust me. (Note that it works only with monochrome mousepads, if your pad has drawings on it, you might eventually encouter some jitter issues, just like me.)
    Golitathus ain't monohrome/blank and it's recommended for this mouse lol. Btw those rubber grips are like new on my DA 2013, nothing sticks off etc. Since January 2013.
    -
    -----------------

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLspAWn View Post
    teflon skates are very small and it causes more friction on pads like qck+
    This mouse is not meant to be used on a SteelSeries mousepad, as i've said many times, the manufacturers studies and designs their mousepads to fit their own products, you should buy whatever mousepad you want, but from the same brand as your mouse.

I had three mouses (Mamba, Corsair M60 and Roccat Kone +) and three mousepads (goliathus, Roccat Sense and QcK+) every time I tried those mouses on those mouspads and it was total garbage, for all.

Golitathus ain't monohrome/blank and it's recommended for this mouse lol.
    The first goliathus version I had around 2008 was totally black, then they started to put some patterns on it.. what I did is rather stupid but I reversed the position of my wide mousepad and now i'm using the black side, and it's totally better.

To come back about friction, the friction gets increased when your mousepad gets older (after many hours of use) I could really notice it when I reversed my mousepad (goliathus extended), the normal right side with the green razer logo drawn is used and has a lot of friction when I move, whereas the normal left side (that I got on my right side for now) remained unused and the mouse slides way better on it.

Btw those rubber grips are like new on my DA 2013, nothing sticks off etc. Since January 2013.
    I had the issue with the first mamba, back in 2008, my second mamba (few months ago) and lately I checked my bro's DA 2013 edition and it's doing the same

it's gonna happen...

Director

I have pretty large hands, I usually don't put my fingertip on the rubber grip, but near the edge of the button side.
    -
    -----------------

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post

To come back about friction, the friction gets increased when your mousepad gets older (after many hours of use) I could really notice it when I reversed my mousepad (goliathus extended), the normal right side with the green razer logo drawn is used and has a lot of friction when I move, whereas the normal left side (that I got on my right side for now) remained unused and the mouse slides way better on it.
    In addition, in order to keep a perfect friction, you should change your mousepad averagely every 6 months... (some pro says)

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

i use a hard speedpad and those grips get wasted pretty fast

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Thread Information