After two long years we're glad to inform: the new version of Serious Tournament Mod has came out on June 3rd, 2018.
First of all let me introduce all the developers of this mod!
- Troy - developing, programming, mapping, designing, being a wizard
- Zeo - making lots of bots waypointing, mapping, designing, PR, ideas
- Devon - making lots of bots waypointing, reporting lots of bugs, ideas
Other people who somehow helped us:
The main features of this modification:
- Absolutely new and amazing bots from the master Troy which are not worse their "friends" from, let's say, Quake 3
- 8 new game modes: Survival, Team DeathMatch, Last Hero, Team Last Hero, Capture The Flag, Domination, King Of The Hill and SkullHold ! Read below to learn more
- 104 maps which were made for bots to be played on different game modes, it contains almost all the standard SS: SE maps, also there are some new maps which were made specially for this mod; also you'll see some famous community maps, some HD maps, some from Revolution, Warped, Quake 2, Quake 3, UT and even CS 1.6!
- 26 in-game achievements. Kill your opponent for a few time in a row, make a midair frag or get the super armor when it respawned - you'll get achievement and you'll see it!
- Useful options & mutators - you can disable or enable pupses, disable or enable pro-mode (when it's enabled there is no 200/200 supers and no cannon), enable "infinity blood" option and blood with meat won't fade away, use different weapon mutators to play Red Station with cannons only or turn Little Trouble to the Sniper Trouble, play with different weapon balance and so on!
- Autobalancing (by pressing "Y" for easy bot, "U" for medium bot or "I" for hard bot) each team by adding bots or possibility to spawn any of number of bots for your or enemys team ("B" for blue team or "R" for read team): you can play as well as 4x4 or 1x6 - for adrenaline lovers!
- Its own version of a freecam which activates by pressing "Left Shift", other controls you can view by checking Controls\Observer\FreeCam.ctl file
- And much else!
Game modes description:
- Survival - the original one. You can set diff like in single player. Gameplay is splitted on waves which are totally endless, monsters amount grows each next wave, and new type of monsters arrive with next waves. There is amount of lives which is also editable, players can respawn between waves; if all players die during the wave, the game is over (even if you set endless lives)
- Team Deathmatch - the classic mode as it is! You play for Blue or Read team, you can leave your team and join another ("<" and ">" by default), you can play with teamfire or without it; available on all deathmatch maps
- Last Hero - almost the same as fragmatch, but you have 3 lives (can be changed in options)! Yeah, if you die you lose, the one who's the only who stays alive, is a winner. Players have 150 % of HP by default. For a long game we recommend to play or easy or even tourist diff, but if you're andrenaline lover you must try hard or serious! Available on all deathmatch maps
- Team Last Hero - the same thing and Last Hero, but there are two teams just as in TDM mode. By the way, try to play on serious diff alone vs 6-8 bots to feel all the hardcorness! Play accurate & stay alive
- Capture The Flag - one more classic online FPS's mode which is lovely by people. Available on 16 special maps, some of them you've never seen before. One of features is that player who holds the flag can't run fast even with knife
- SkullHold - an all-vs-all mode where you should hold an object (Skull) for longer time than others! The one who first holded the skull for 10 mins (as default - changable in match options) is a winner. This mode is available to play on all deathmatch maps and on 4 exclusive maps
- King Of The Hill - an all-vs-all mode where you should control different zones ("hills") which are changing from the first to the next, then to the 3rd and so on. The one who controlled zones for 5 mins in total (as default - changable in match options) is a winner. This mode is available to play on some deathmatch maps and on some new
- Domination - pretty close to KOTH mode, but this mode is based on teamplaying. There are few zones, two teams and points limit (can be changed). Every team starts with 50 % of points limit. The team which is controlling more zones is getting points (while other team is losing it), the first team which gets points limit, wins! This mode is available to play on some deathmatch maps and a few excluive maps
For stable fps whilst playing with bots it's not recommended to play on old PCs or slow laptops.
Some features and recommendations.
READ MUST !!!
- There are no options like number of spawned bots for maps, so you have to add them manually by pressing "Y" (easy bot), "U" (normal bot) or "I" (hard bot). In team game modes every time when you press "Y/U/I", one bot will be added to red team and then to blue to keep balance, but you can add bots to red team by pressing "R" or to blue by pressing "B". You can change your team by pressing "<" or ">". You can watch scoreboard by pressing "Tab"
- You still CAN'T play with bots & players at the same time
- Multiplayer is not stable yet, and tmbs can happen when you play with some of mutators activated or different cases...
- Remember when you enable infinity blood it also can be a reason of low fps (closer to the end of match) on some really huge maps, so be careful with it
- Bots always move randomly in recorded demos so there's no sense to record it whilst playing with them
- Crashes still can happen rarely when you start some map, and some maps can't support high fps with a huge amount of bots because they couldn't be optimized well. The most unoptimized maps are DM Beyond, CTF Frozen Cliff, CTF Night Town and SV The Paradise
- Survival mode (and most of its maps) is not that well optimized: some maps can't handle high fps. The more bots you add the less is fps, and it becomes even more less when some of bots dead
- Don't except to see tops players skill from bots, it was made for competive but fun playing. Though, for a newbies it will be really hard or even impossible to beat them!
- Yes, the newest weapon "Vector" has no sound yet
2.00B version updates & fixes
- Survival Mode. People were asking, and here it comes! Play Survival with bots as long as you want. Try hard to survive until 10th wave and then you'll deserve to be called SERIOUS. Too easy? Play until 100th - waves are endless
- Maps amount has been doubled (and even more). Some of them are totally new and have been made special for this mod. The total number of maps is 104 now (was 50 in 1.08
- Three different skill level of bots. You were so bored whilst playing 1.08B version? Try to play with easy, medium and high skilled bots, and even at the same time
- Medium & hard bots have learned more than 1000 unique jumps and tricks on different maps
- Bots learned how to spam, camp and even time some items on some maps. Different bots do this on different way!
- Medium & hard bots can avoid rockets, grenades and cannon balls now
- Weapon is again visible if you use 1st person view
- Bot's AI & logic have been seriously upgraded. As an example, if we'd look at CTF, if bot's team's flag is stolen, bot will run to enemy's flag (if he's closer to the enemy's base) or will run to defend his flag (if he's currently closer to his own base)
- Bots love to take ammopacks, health pills, armor +1 more than before, and they also care about all items pretty much more
- Bots no more try to jump with flag/skull where they can't physically (player runs slower when he owns flag or skull)
- Original size of cannon balls has been returned
- Killing a teammate doesn't add a frag to you or/and your team anymore
- Say hello to the new weapon called Vector!
- Added option "allow cannon" in match settings
- Added "self damage" option (to regulate damage of your own explosions)
- Added "grenades always bounce" mutator - when it's activated you can't explode grenades at wall or floor anymore
- Added "fall damage" option
- Added "drow power ups" mutator
- Added "random respawn pups/supers" option
- Added "supers/pups at start" option
- Added "weapon balance" mutator - play with classic weapon balance, try two versions of professional STM balance or get some craziness with "WTF mode"!
- New HUD with sexy icons and hq-fonts
- Now pressing "USE" after death will turn player into observer, press "Shift" to activate "Freecam"
- When game is paused, freecam can be activated
- You can do rocket jumps with invulnerability!
- New nicknames for bots
- Much another bug fixes
- And so on...
Modification must be installed to the Mods folder, if you have an old version installed delete it to have a clean install
Modification packed as .rar archive, the new installer ain't planned atm