Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Alligator Pit

Downloads:Uploads: 0

AP_2856 is now live!

It's been a while. But with more time freeing up for us, more updates should be coming soon. For now, enjoy this update. ːkingsamː
    • Upped the game's tickrate from 20 to 30. This should make the game feel a lot smoother, but might introduce some weird things. So far we've fixed most issues, but let us know if there's something we missed.
    • Added a bunch of plasma and mine ammo in the levels.
    • Added hud_bShowEarlyAccess to hide the "Early Access Beta" text on the HUD. (For video or screenshot purposes.)
    • Added a way to find enemy triggers that are not attached to anything. Enable wld_bDebugKills and start a level in-game to find these spawners.
    • The RCon tool is now open source: https://github.com/AlligatorPit/RCon
    • Changed the startup resolution to be windowed mode by default.
    • Changed that only player 1 can control the menu in the case of gamepads.
    • Changed the default maximum quick slots count to 20 instead of 8.
    • Changed some aesthetics in the HUD.
    • Changed some aesthetics in the menu and loading screen.
    • Fixed SKA Studio not working for some people.
    • Fixed being able to change difficulty in survival when starting in split screen.
    • Fixed "Invalid DIFF stream" error when trying to connect to servers. (Experimental fix, let us know if there are any issues.)
    • Fixed console messages having the timestamps in weird places. (Also removed con_bTimestamps.)
    • Fixed model holder shader not working in-game.
    • Fixed "error 3" when saving statistics.
    • Fixed a lot of broken spawners in 13 different levels across the First and Second encounter.
    • Fixed some minor issues and exploits on a few levels.
    • Fixed some potential crashes in game and editor.

Furthermore, we'll be cleaning up the bugreporter over the weekend, so that we can have a clean start and a much better overview of all the issues. And yes, the bugreporter is still the #1 place to go for reporting issues: https://ap.samrev.com/bugs/

Also, kittens. Discuss.
    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this post are my own, not my employer's.

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

The new decicated server is online !
    (remake of PG.RU)

Name: SeriousSam.Su | vk.com/get_serious | PlayGround.Ru Remake [RUS]
    Maps: Yodeller, Little Trouble, Hole, Fortress, Red Station, The Lost Tomb
    Diff: normal
    Unlimited ammo: no
    Frags limit: 30
    Time limit: 20 mins
    Health: yes
    Armor: yes
    Mutators: no

Hope some russians will help with activity for now

It was sooo long time dude, the next update shouldn't come 21.04.2017 you know xD
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

Campers Clan

Downloads: 60  Uploads: 5

People says the game is playable now, how about Croteam takes the opportunity with SS4 to do some advert for SS revo aswell? without a proper advert it will take way too long to bring some people back

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

SGI Clan

Downloads: 48  Uploads: 0

finally, i thought you abandoned rev!

i played ss rev for about 20 mins today and i have to say yes, its really playable but i wouldnt claim its smooth, although i have to add that nowadays tse isnt smooth for me too. so rev > tse since rev has actually a future. in this way i just want to say: keep it up Angelo rev has the potential to bring back activity to old ass game!

--

@Zeo nice server, dude. my ping was most of the time 140 there - just like in the old days on the original server
    Last edited by freigeist; 21.04.2016 at 17:56.

.:+*]|[SGI]|[*+:. freigeist

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

reading the posts about not being at 100% playable makes me feel disappointed... (not about angelos work, but that i still cant play)

but i am rather suprised about angelos comeback and fact he didn't surrender yet and obviously does an excellent job

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Elite Member

Downloads: 51  Uploads: 0

Tested a bit and looks good imo, but there's 1 problem though... there are no players.

Noticed a bug regarding FOV, when you set it small for 1st person, it affects 3rd person too, but when you set it high, 3rd person stays the same.

All growth comes at a cost
    Going forward means sacrifice
    Enduring all paths crossed

Alligator Pit

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Thanks everyone. Happy to see the positivity in this thread. To give some backstory as to "why now?", I have recently started re-organizing my time better (due to stress and maintaining my own mental health), so now I have at least 1 full work day a week to work on Rev. (Still unpaid, mind you. Maybe I should start a Patreon )

Our team is also getting bigger in the last month, so there should be some new progress coming regarding content as well. (eg. Bright Island)
    Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this post are my own, not my employer's.

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

Please focus on deathmatch... it's the only competitive game-mode.

Please try Quake Live and learn what could you add to Revo to make it a competitive game.
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

VPN Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    Thanks everyone. Happy to see the positivity in this thread. To give some backstory as to "why now?", I have recently started re-organizing my time better (due to stress and maintaining my own mental health), so now I have at least 1 full work day a week to work on Rev. (Still unpaid, mind you. Maybe I should start a Patreon )

Our team is also getting bigger in the last month, so there should be some new progress coming regarding content as well. (eg. Bright Island)
    what about sponsoring?

at the beginning it shows "this game is brought to you by" (you can skip it)

certain logos and names follow, example:

"GameZone24.net Members" -> Names who sponsored money
    "SeriousZone" -> Names "
    "Russian Community" -> Names"

Minimum amount of sponsoring to be mentioned is 30€ i'd say

I'm in!

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

Downloads: 60  Uploads: 5

The sponsoring is a good idea, but I think Kickstarter would be more adequate than Patreon for that. I don't think anyone would have interest to subscribe to a monthly donation to get what... private exclusive preview screenshots?

However, sponsoring is made to bring money for a project before it's even made and sold massively... what about those who already paid the game on steam?

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

Quote Originally Posted by BoyZyatoR View Post
    Noticed a bug regarding FOV, when you set it small for 1st person, it affects 3rd person too, but when you set it high, 3rd person stays the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    And yes, the bugreporter is still the #1 place to go for reporting issues: https://ap.samrev.com/bugs/
    Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    what about sponsoring?

at the beginning it shows "this game is brought to you by" (you can skip it)

certain logos and names follow, example:

"GameZone24.net Members" -> Names who sponsored money
    "SeriousZone" -> Names "
    "Russian Community" -> Names"

Minimum amount of sponsoring to be mentioned is 30€ i'd say

I'm in!
    i could sponsor, but not monthly

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    However, sponsoring is made to bring money for a project before it's even made and sold massively... what about those who already paid the game on steam?
    The money went to croteam, not alligator pit afaik

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Downloads: 53  Uploads: 0

"Fixed "Invalid DIFF stream" error when trying to connect to servers."

Ah, thank goodness. Had problems with this.

VPN Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    The sponsoring is a good idea, but I think Kickstarter would be more adequate than Patreon for that. I don't think anyone would have interest to subscribe to a monthly donation to get what... private exclusive preview screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by GraphX View Post
    i could sponsor, but not monthly

The money went to croteam, not alligator pit afaik
    who the hell was talking about a "monthly" donation?

what about those who paid the game on steam?

nothing, if you dont donate money u dont get mentioned

Devils Clan

Downloads: 66  Uploads: 0

I still have a mouse latency due to low fps (~100FPS is low for Sam)... comparing to old SS Classic, there is still room for improvement at that field. Have you changed something in rendering, is there any way to restore it back to old?

Don't wanna be negative, but I just have exactly the same problem like ~1-2 years ago
    I really appreciate your efforts and work, but I also think that old game still should be smooth on old PCs like before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information