Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

NVIDIA reveals PASCAL : GTX 1070 + 1080 | VR | 4K

Pascal was designed to bring out the best in this new generation of content. Its greater memory bandwidth and power efficiency let the GTX 1080 run at clock speeds never before possible — more than 1700 MHz — while consuming just 180 watts of power.

Our Pascal-based GPUs feature enhanced asynchronous compute, and are the first to harness the power of 8GB of Micron’s new GDDR5X memory. The GTX 1080 is the first gaming GPUs designed for the 16nm FinFET process.

Huang, however, wasn’t done. Waiting until the end of his presentation, he also announced that we’re launching the NVIDIA GTX 1070 as well, with the “Founders Edition,” available June 10 for $449, and custom boards from partners expected to start at $379.

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 “Founders Edition” shown tonight will be available on May 27 for $699. It will be available from NVIDIA, ASUS, Colorful, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, Innovision 3D, MSI, Palit, PNY and Zotac. Custom boards from partners will vary by region and pricing is expected to start at $599.

nvidia.com | tomshardware.com | videocardz.com

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

Downloads: 60  Uploads: 5

Pretty much interested into the 1070, with a such card you're good for the next 15 years considering the only graphic improvements right now are VR and UHD.

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Pretty much interested into the 1070, with a such card you're good for the next 15 years considering the only graphic improvements right now are VR and UHD.
    nah

i like the name target, now it's 1080, later 2K, 4K and 5K, more budget versions will be 720p, 480p, and 360p
    jokes aside, good strategy, not too much cuda cores for now, not too much transistors (however it's a lot anyway), but they probably can push it to the limit with more wattage, it's good to wait

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

SGI Clan

Downloads: 37  Uploads: 0

still not enough single card power for 4k gaming, maybe future 1080ti.... anyway prices will be insane, i will rather get a 980ti for 400€ if i find it.

VPN Elite

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/10se...force-gtx-1080

according to own benchmarks this card acts around 80% faster than a GTX 980, wich would be around 70 FPS averagely at 4K

Imagine a GTX 980 Ti @ 1800 MHz - that would be a GTX 1080. IMO good enough for 4K..

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

guess a sli of 1080ti in oc

MobbingZone24 Elite

Downloads: 34  Uploads: 0

Dayuuum...

The prices of 980Ti's, 980's and 970's will be dropping as hell after premiere of Pascal. On one hand it's nice to see such a huge performance improvement, but on the other hand people who bought Titan X's and 980Ti's (including me) will feel like shit because of such a waste of money and lack of patience...

Also I don't like the new design of the reference cooler, preferred previous generations' more minimalistic design much more.

VPN Elite

those who got a 980 for 350€ from a certified retailer don't give a f*ck

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Ok, so the first period of my life when I'm owning latest Nvidia's generation, already ends in 1 month and lasted only 4 months before

Probably will get 1070 when next (11xx ?) generation will come and 10xx will become cheap enough .. (2018 ?) Russian value is still lowered because of low oil price so can't spend that much

Looking for 21:9 (2560x1080 or smth) in some future, by the way .. 4k is crazy
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

VPN Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    Ok, so the first period of my life when I'm owning latest Nvidia's generation, already ends in 1 month and lasted only 4 months before

Probably will get 1070 when next (11xx ?) generation will come and 10xx will become cheap enough .. (2018 ?) Russian value is still lowered because of low oil price so can't spend that much

Looking for 21:9 (2560x1080 or smth) in some future, by the way .. 4k is crazy
    what card do you have now?

Campers Clan

if I remember well, he mentioned having a GTX960 like me, it's still a good card for now, but it will barely last two more years. I can't even handle Overwatch maxed at 60fps.

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    what card do you have now?
    960, 4 Gb version by Gigabyte, I know it's low end for hardcore gaming but it gave 2,5x-3x more fps comparing with my prev Radeon 6770, so happy just for now xD
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

VPN Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    960, 4 Gb version by Gigabyte, I know it's low end for hardcore gaming but it gave 2,5x-3x more fps comparing with my prev Radeon 6770, so happy just for now xD
    how much did u pay ?

i got several (faster) GTX 770 for 100€

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    if I remember well, he mentioned having a GTX960 like me, it's still a good card for now, but it will barely last two more years. I can't even handle Overwatch maxed at 60fps.
    that's why i said to u to buy a 290 used..i can play this game at 100fps all ultra:p

btw imho.. gtx 980ti used 450Euro 1070=550euro(titan x used similar price) 1080=700+euro

Campers Clan

AMD? no... just No.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information