Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
    Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

Computer issue, please help

Yoo, i've bought a new computer case and after I imported all my components from the older to the new one, i have a big issue: none of the USB slots works anymore. Also, my computer won't shut down properly anymore: windows turns off normally but the fans and leds won't turn off.

At first I thought the JUSB cable (that 20 pins cable you plug on the mobo) was broken, I tried to plug on JUSB3 and JUSB4 slots but none worked. Then I brouth all my stuff back to my old pc case and and guess what... it didn't fix the problem!

So now i'm completely lost I just don't know what the fuck to do anymore. If only the USB slots didn't work i'd assume the mobo would be dead somehow, but that shutdown issue leads me to think the issue could be the PSU too...

Why the problem stills happens with my old case? All the same components, was working before, why it doesn't anymore?

If someone ever had that issue please help me to solve it

For some reason when I seek on internet everyone seemed to have that issue with MSI motherboards (whatever the model) and i do have a MSI mobo (Z270 Gaming M3). It's only 2 years old it's surprising that it would already be broken.
    Note that plenty of people proposed solutions such as updating bios etc but there again, exact same stuff, it has no reason not to work anymore. Nobody solved the issue and most of the forum topics were lost and forgotten...

Edit: also JUSB1 and JUSB2 for old 2.0 won't work either, neither of my 2.0 or 3.0 are working.
    Last edited by Skyward; 21.05.2019 at 22:58.

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

Sounds like damaged motherboard. You might have damaged it while swapping, recheck all jumpers and stuff, reset bios and pull out bios bettery for the hard reset too.

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Campers Clan

reseted everything, still nothing works. it's not the first time that i get a msi mobo that breaks for no reason, i won't buy from them no more.

for now im condamned to use the visual keyboard...

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

check about if some pin of the cpu socket are broken,i don't remember but time ago i built a pc with this problem but dunno how i solved,try to check ram too,or maybe some cable aren't in the right positions.

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Gods Hand View Post
    check about if some pin of the cpu socket are broken,i don't remember but time ago i built a pc with this problem but dunno how i solved,try to check ram too,or maybe some cable aren't in the right positions.
    I bought a new motherboard and it should come monday, i'll see if it works. But apparently i've broken the JUSB slot by pulling too hard on it (I remember the cable was particularly hard to pull off). Since all the usb is welded in serie the breaking one means all the others are down.

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

Fedes guess could be more realistic, also you need to check the cpu pins if there is eventual dirt on em.

Just reseat the CPU and check the contacs properly.
    Try to remove all devices and start -> then plug back in one by one.
    CMOS could help, also try to disable wake up by usb funktion in bios and make sure they are off when pc is off.
    When the PSU keeps running after a shutdown its possibly an energy windows management feature
    To turn the PSU completely off you need to -> go to energy options -> disable quick start

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    Fedes guess could be more realistic, also you need to check the cpu pins if there is eventual dirt on em.

Just reseat the CPU and check the contacs properly.
    Try to remove all devices and start -> then plug back in one by one.
    CMOS could help, also try to disable wake up by usb funktion in bios and make sure they are off when pc is off.
    When the PSU keeps running after a shutdown its possibly an energy windows management feature
    To turn the PSU completely off you need to -> go to energy options -> disable quick start
    I mostly tried everything but nothing worked, I received the new mobo today, put it in and everything was brought back to life. So yeah I think I really broke the USB circuit and the issue with turning the computer off did not occur anymore

Bellatores

Downloads: 71  Uploads: 0

so it's solved then, nice news though.
    Wake up to reality
    Nothing ever goes as planned
    In this accursed world

The longer you live the more you will realise
    That the only things that truly exist in this reality
    Are merely pain, suffering and futility

The selfish intent to preserve peace initiates wars
    And hatred is born in order to protect love
    For truly this reality is a hell

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

.::CLOSED::.
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

Golden^_+Imperator

zeo strikes again

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    .::CLOSED::.
    I'm Ghostship, I'm Ghostship but I hope I can join

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

i’d appreciate if you send me the broken mainboard for free

Golden^_+Imperator

and if you dislike that idea, you can send me along with money. I take any amount

~Amco 2016

~Amco 2020

Campers Clan

sorry guys the broken mobo is already at the public discharge

Campers Clan

What I don't like with msi's mobos is the way they put the front panel usb slot on the side, look at the pic below: on MSI MBs the 3.0 connectors are called JUSB 3 (2) and JUSB 4 (1) you can connect your front panel USBs by using those, depending how your PC case is made. Somehow MSI assumed that it would be better to make the JUSB4 on the side instead of making it straight on the board like the JUSB3. By doing so the JUSB4 is very fragile and to unplug the 20 pin connector you have to force back to pull it off the slot, which I had to do but I also broke it. Not even talking about how hard the rubber cable is, once plugged to the 20 pin slot, the cable would constantly force on the slot.

The whole USB circuit is welded together and by breaking the slot, it shut down the whole USB 3.0 and 2.0 slots - and caused the PC turn off issue aswell.
    After some research on google, I found someone who had a similar problem but he pulled too hard on a USB 3.0 and broke it, which had the exact same effect of me breaking the 20 pin slot (his mobo was from MSI aswell).

Imo the new Asus ROG Strix mobo I bought seems much more solid than the MSI, despite looking more simple. Never had any issue with the few Asus products I had anyway, while it's the second MSI mobo i'm breaking.

Thread Information