Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
    Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

Shotty Open League™ Featured Players

Featured: Skyward

Introduction: 2007
    Current clan: Campers
    Nationality: France

Gear of choice: Razer Viper V2 Pro; Razer Blackwidow V2; Razer Gigantus V2; Beyerdynamic DT990

"Even if nobody believes in you, you can still succeed as long as you're the one to believe in yourself."

You've been playing Serious Sam since a decade, can you summarize your career? What were the difficults and what where the best moments?

Serious Sam was my first online gaming experience and it brought a lot of new aspects in my life, such the competitivity which immediately got me hooked, the possibility to play with people from all horizons and measuring your skills with all of them.
    However I was young and I did many mistakes back then. This is no secret that I used to cheat, but that was for a good reason! haha. I indeed was a low experienced player and facing stronger opponents than me, I thought that a lot of them were cheating. Especially since the famous video from Rodeschild against Zeb89 popped up from YouTube. I thought I could do the justice by myself, fight the cheat by the cheat, it's like fighting fire by the fire, you see? But when I think again about it, I realize that I was wrong.
    After that, people started to hate me, and my bad english didn't help me much to explain myself. Nobody was taking me seriously and althought I really wanted to get back on track, it was really hard to find a clan. Then Limited Edition finally accepted me which was the best moment in my career because it allowed me to leave the past behind me and bounce back. If Limited Edition wasn't there, I would probably have quited Sam in 2008.

Talking about the past, what has pushed you to continue on those games? It would've probably been easier to give up and play another game?

Even after joining in LE my reputation still wasn't that good, but there was no way for me to give up. I knew I was better than that and no matter the time it would take, I would reach my goal at some point. I really wanted to become someone on this place even if that doesn't mean much anymore... if it ever meant something.

So did you actually reach your goal? Are you satisfied by your career so far?

After joining LE, I managed to raise my notoriety at a quite fulgurant pace, gaining back the respect from people until they almost forget about my past. I played for many teams, those same teams who always rejected my applications before. It was already a big victory for me, plus after many years I gained enough experience to actually beat most of the people I believed to be cheaters. Besides the clan's "market", I even started investing myself more into the communities.
    I've never won any tournament but I believe I had a quite bright career so far and that not so much people could achieve as much as I did. So yeah, i'm pretty satisfied with all of it!

Since we're talking about clans, why did you stop The Untouchables? It seemed to be a very promizing project

Actually two reasons forced me to stop The Untouchables. I was still a student back then and I didn't have much time to manage my team properly. Secondly, Sam died due to the GameSpy's shutdown and the servers activity dramatically decreased. As the TUC leader, my objective would've been to constantly seek for new talents, but where would I have found them? I've been in a lot of clans, but what I loved over all was to lead my own team. If Sam wasn't dead I would probably still be leading one. I'm glad and proud that most of my new talents are nowdays recognized as skilled players and that they found their place in the remaining top teams, but due to the Sam's conditions, TUC became a dead-end for me. Finally joining the Campers clan was the ultimate goal to conclude my story. God's Hand (who was still in Campers back then in 2008) once told me I would never join Campers, but I just made it at the end. It proves that even if nobody believes in you, you can still succeed as long as you're the one to believe in yourself.

So since Serious Sam is dead, what are your plans for next?

Nothing will ever slake my thirst for victory and I will always be looking for more competition. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a perfect choice. On side of it, I recently created a tournament organization so we could make events and tournaments with the remaining Serious Sam community members.

Highlights
    Has played for 7 SE clans and 2 FE clans
    Free Killers/Ghost Fighters founder
    The Untouchables Clan founder
    France Country Clan leader
    Administrator at 42amsterdam.net
    Coordinator/administrator at Gamezone24.net
    Serious Sam Revolution beta tester
    Shotty Open League™ founder
    Shotty Complex 1vs1 Tournament 2008 Quarter-finalist
    GZ CT Clan Tournament 2012 4th place
    SOL™ ShottyStars 2017 Semi-finalist
    Last edited by Skyward; 26.12.2022 at 18:59.

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Campers Clan

Featured: High Voltage

Introduction: 2009
    Current clan: HellRaizers
    Nationality: Russian Federation

"Winners of previous clan tournaments have been observed by watching demos [...] if you were one of them who have been observed [...] that means everything."

You became one of the most talented player around, but before, who inspired you to become a better player so you could reach your goals?

I got my most important lessons from SGI members, Black Spirit was a really important person who told me everything about SS and GameZone and that even before joining SGI clan. They were inviting me very often for teamgames and 1 vs 1 games. They were very friendly guys for me and it was like a pure pleasure to play with them. Since then I left SGI but we still were playing a lot 1 v 1 with Sakke during the Trouble King Tournament, and finally I got how to play shotty trouble! Before I was only a fortress and red station player.

What made you leave SGI back then? And what is the idea behind HellRaizers?

There was a big conflict within the clan so I decided to leave, I also wanted to create a good strong clan with some nice people so we finally did it, and now we are feeling very good in our clan, "perfect garmonia started"! It was an active time and at the clan tourney 2014 and 2015 we did pretty well, in fact we thought we will do better but due to low skill from my side and Chyl's inactivity, we were not about to win SGI or Immortals. But still, Destro's leaving from Immortals has re-balanced the clans.

What are your projects with HellRaisers so far? What are your next goals you would like to achieve?

To practice in CT, what else? I wanna play in tourneys, and maybe someday I will learn to play shitty maps like LT or TLT.

What would it mean for you to win a CT? Is is something that hits you personnally? Do you feel the need to win it to prove something to yourself?

Everyone is able to imagine how it should feel. There's enough possibility that winners of previous clan tournaments have been observed by watching demos of them playing those matches, so the thing is, if you were one of them who have been observed - you get what I mean. Not sure if everyone needs it, anyway, if you can prove to yourself that you can do something else instead of blowing yourself away by jumping on ur own grenades or simply sucking due to lags or another unfriendly cases - that means everything.

Why don't you play another game? Don't you think it would be good to get some experience from the other games or eventually bring your actual experience on practice into these?

I doubt there could be any similar game to SS, and i do not find any interest in other games.
    Back in 2008 I was sitting next to my friend and he was playing fragmatch in Ra-Spa-Shoy and I was thinking "maybe I will try to play serious sam too?" So few months later I payed for internet and installed ss... I do not like computer games, in fact im happy not to be interested in other games and I actually never installed any other game on my laptops.

Highlights
    Has played for 4 clans
    HellRaizers founder & leader
    Attended all CTs since 2012
    Russia Country Clan member
    SeriousSam.su Autumn-Winter 14/15 1v1 Tournament winner
    SOL™ ShottyStars 2017 Champion
    Last edited by Skyward; 26.12.2022 at 18:56.

Campers Clan

Featured: Capricornus

Introduction: 2008
    Current clan: Immortals

"Each player is unique in his own way: everyone has his own favourite map, weapons and style of playing. This all makes the game diverse and interesting."

You've been at the top of the pile since a long time now, what is your secret to keep such a long winning streak? Would you share with us the recipe of success?

The whole thing means the love of the game and the sence of competition. And if there is a desire to win in your favourite game, you will need constant self-improvement, the ability to learn on your owns and others mistakes.
    I've been playing SS continuously since the end of 2008 year. During this time I've managed to play with a lot of strong players and learded a lot of their experience. I want to say a special thanks to the cheaters and bug-users, who were extremely numerous in the 1.05 version. They made me learn to play even more faster and more diligently, they've opened a sixth sense to me.

Talking about success, you've been quite famous within the Russian community. How does it feel to have people looking up at you?

It's hard to be unknown when there are so few people play the game (unfortunately). If someone liked (like) watching me playing, I'm very satisfied . By the way, many players, not only from the Russian community, considered me as a strong enemy and trained together with me on different maps. I never denied them playing 1v1 when they've asked of it. I encourage the players in their wish to be better, and I am very pleased that they chose me as a coach (or a boxing pear).

Who in your mind are the best Serious Sam players nowdays?

I wouldn't like to single out someone specifically (I'm afraid of forgetting or offending someone). Each player is unique in his own way: everyone has his own favourite map, weapons and style of playing. This all makes the game diverse and interesting. So I just get great pleasure whilst playing with all of you.

Do you play any other game? If yes then what are those games and do you perform as good as on Serious Sam?

Talking about online games, I play SS only. Once I've tried to play Unreal Tournament 2004 - it felt good, but SS was very active at that time, so I've kept spending my free time on it. Not a long ago, I've tried new UT - didn't like it, especially because they've dropped out possibility of changing to 3st person view (+ I've been owned pretty much)..

What did Serious Sam bring to you? What experience will you remember from it?

For the all time, SS brought to me a lot of different emotions: the joy of victories and the bitterness of defeats, aggression and excitement, it made me laugh loud and made me become surprised. Thanks to all SS players for helping me to outlive with these emotions!) There are a lot of memories. From the most memorable I'd like to note the the final game of CT2014 vs SGI clan, when the fate of the tournament depended on a couple of frags on Hole - it was mega-exciting, I even sweated (I recommend to watch this demo to everyone who still didn't, but it's a pity there was no chat comments recorded) .

Highlights
    Coming soon
    SOL™ ShottyStars 2017 Finalist
    SOL™ ShottyStars 2017 Most Valuable Player
    Last edited by Skyward; 26.12.2022 at 18:57.

Campers Clan

Featured: Zeo

Introduction: 2006
    Current clan: Immortals

Gear of choice: Delux M556; DEXP GM-S Blood

"It was totally RIGHT decisions to show people truth, because it wasn't fair that those persons were famous as "one of the best". They've been keeping lying to the community for years, and they've deserved it."

You've never ceased to show your enthusiasm about Serious Sam and you've been investing yourself like none did before, what gave you so much love for this game?

That's a hard question what can't be answered by a few words... Serious Sam: The Second Encounter was the first "new" game which I've played in the 2002 year after like 7-8 years of playing old games like Doom, Heretic, Hexen. I've been stucking for years with "old games", and closer to the end of the first decade of my life, the main dream was my own PC, it didn't happen until 2002, I've visited my father (which has left the family like 3 years before) and we together went to the game market, bought few pirated CDs of newest games to play it on his 2nd PC what's gonna be mine in few months. I was feeling that I'll feel new emotions soon, but I couldn't imagine until I did. When we've installed the first game called Serious Sam: The Second Encounter and started the first mission, I was totally amazed how realistic it looks like. I couldn't know that virtual world can look so realistic back then, and since exactly that moment I fell in love with this game. Graphics wasn't the one thing, but also sounds, monsters and the music - that fit each other so amazing and together, bringed the great atmosphere. For sure, I really doubt that I could continue playing it for 16 years without all the communities which I've found afterwards: mappers russian one (sam-o-mania), deathmatch russian one (leagueofstars) and gamezone24.net. When I became a part of it, I've found much of new friends, and already have met some of them in the real life, and that could be the second reason why I love this game, because without this game I'd never find all those friends. And the community is the main thing why I still continue do all the thing.

Talking about self investment; you've been bringing to light the biggest cheating scandals, how do you feel about these nowdays? Do you think the community took the right decisions and had the right behavior towards them?

As I'd like to remind, that's wasn't mine achievement, because other people (like HV, Black Spirit and maybe someone else whom I can't remember) have found true proves of those guys cheating, and when I knew it, it was my to create all those threads where everything is explained pretty well. Talking about the past, it was totally RIGHT decisions to show people truth, because it wasn't fair that those persons were famous as "one of the best". They've been keeping lying to the community for years, and they've deserved it. Allthough, I didn't really want them to leave community forever, we had a lot of incidents with russian players, who has changed theirself, left lots of apologies and recognized what idiots they used to be. I was waiting the same things from Dre and PureOwn but no, it didn't happen. Probably the reason was that they've used this game only to achieve wins, using any possible methods, and in 2012 they already have played it enough to leave it like forever. But I'd like to repeat again that I'd like to see them coming back.

You've always been a major figure among the game and especially on the Russian scene, could you summarize your career? Can you tell us more about Immortals? What was your goal with the team and did you think it would be that successful? Also what happened with Never Fall?

It's not the right time to summarize my carrer... Because it's not finnished yet : P But for the moment, the great moments of my carreer were all those where I've been adding some activity, meaning helping with organizing tournaments, and then organizing some of them alone, for me it's the main thing of my carreer, even more main than things like winning in a tournament. Original Immortals project has started in early 2007 as a team of my real-life friends with who I used to play Serious Sam deathmatch in the split screen (first years without internet). I was dreaming about coming all of us to the server and rushing everyone, but it didn't happen in the way I wished. All my real life friends stopped playing and Immortals became different thing, and I disliked what it became in 2008 (when I left it for CPX) and had to close it. I didn't start any project until summer of 2010 when Destroyer, Partyzan, DexXx has asked me to reanimate Immortals together. I hadn't any plans for teams and tournaments, and as you could remember, we lost Clan Tournament 2010 by walkover... But in early 2011 when teamgames became a new thing what's been playing often by pro players, I was thinking about serious improving in game to win the clan tournament. But I didn't want Immortals to become the best clan, I wanted to prove to all eu players who kept laughing about russians on servers, that it's time to change all things, and our win in GZ CT 2012 has became the main proof of it. But I'm not gonna call Immortals as the best clan because even in 2012, the game was 10 years old and lots of legends have left it. I'd still like to play one Clan Tournament vs "gold teams" of FIGONAs, CPX, Campers, SKIFIA and much other clans, what we couldn't play with... Talking about the NeverFall clan: it was a special project which was created as "pro players only clan", what was a totally new thing for russian community in 2009. As I remember it was NG's, Bullet's and Destroyer's idea, but it didn't survive because Bullet & DexXx has left the clan due to conflicts, me & Destroyer have stopped playing for a while, and even NG has left afterwards. But it was worth to be created because then we were able to understand, that such of projects weren't a good idea to realize.

You've been saving parts of the community's history such as game files, maps and demos, how much do you value these? What do they mean to you? Are they like some gold memories that you wish to never forget?

Hell yes! Well, I've lost my demos from 2007-2008 due to death of HDD (didn't care about backups back then), but I still have everything what I've started to collect again, since the 2010 year. I really love that I still have all of it, it contains lots of memories, and even that I almost don't even watch (oh really? I've just realized it now) old demos nowadays (I used to do this much more often like 5 years ago), the fact that I've saved them all, warms me up

Sam will always have a special place in your heart, how far would you go to keep the game alive? What makes you think the community can keep existing in the next years?

I can't know how far I'm going to go. Talking about Serious Tournament Mod: I think I'll never stop developing it until all exising maps for Sam will be in the mod... Joke =P But I can clearly say, that I don't wanna see this game dying totally, that's why I'm still here. I'd never be able to keep it "alive" without all the players who still are in touch with me and have agreed to join the last tournament, I'm really thankful to them and to different people like Duke for keeping GZ online for all these years, Karel for hosting the server again or you [skyward] for preparing new projects, and all people who did things some years before. I really love when I'm not alone. Can't predict what's going to happen in the future years, because I would have never predicted everything what happens now, so I might not start predict again.

Highlights
    Has played for 9 clans
    Immortals founder
    Administrator at 42amsterdam.net
    Coordinator/administrator at Gamezone24.net
    Administrator at Russian League Of Stars
    Shotty Open League™ Manager
    GZ Clan Tournament 2011 3rd place
    SeriousSam.SU Winter 2014 Tournament 3rd place
    SOL™ ShottyStars 2017 Legend
    GZ 1vs1™ Yodeller Tournament 2018 1st place
    SOL™ Classics 2019 finalist
    Last edited by Skyward; 26.12.2022 at 18:58.

Campers Clan

Featured: Zdzichu

Introduction: 2006
    Current clan: Serious Gamers International
    Nationality: Poland

Gear of choice: a4tech X7 F4; Anne Pro 2

"I just want to show that Poland still exists in Serious Sam's deathmatch and it had really good players even if it's only one person."

You've been known at a pretty late era of the game, how did you know sam and what made you want to play such an old game instead of a recent one such as the HD remakes (or simply another one)?

I got Serious Sam Gold Edition as christmas gift back in 2006. Firstly i started playing first encounter, single player then online coop and i after half of year i moved to deathmatch. I really enjoyed playing back then, everyday there was like 4-7 players on server so it was sometimes 3 hours of really good match. Time was moving on, i met really good in-game friends, i joined my first clan wich was Company of Brothers, every match was allways funny and awesome and also i was gaining more and more skill. At 2014 when Gamespy servers were closed, First Encounter deathmatch died, everyone moved to other games or had real life business. So i decided to try out Second Encounter, and it was also really good experience, just little bit diffrent rules but rest was all same. I also tried joining new clans and try participating some tournaments which gave me lots of new experience.
    Why I'm playing this really old game? Because i spend half of my life playing awesome matches out there, met a lot of people. I couldn't switch to modern fps games because they wasn't giving me this much experience like sam was giving.

You've shown a great performance at this tournament [ShottyStars 2017], how satisfied you are and do you plan to attend further Serious Sam events in the future?

I was really suprised that i managed to end that tournament on 3rd place. I was so close to win semi-finals but i had to admit win for more skilled player. It was completly new experience to participate this tournament with so many skilled players. Some matches were really hard, during the match scores were equaled almost all time, but i ended winning it just by few frags advantage. From my side, it was best tournament that i ever played in my career. I want to try attending every new tournament, play with other pros and improve the skill to it's best possible levels.

What happened back then with God's Guardians? It happened all of sudden and we never had much explanation about it...

The feral incident back in my first clan and first months in Second Encounter. I had a moment where i felt really jelaous, more skilled players were dominating that sometimes i couldn't even harm them, i was already dead. So being little bit frustrated, i decided to do worst thing in the world: trying to play with aimbot. Finally i felt that i was one of top players, i was really easily killing opponets, when suddenly i got spotted by few observers on random match. After match there was already topic about me. Just few demos were enough, clearly showing that i was cheating. I tried to defend myself with really cheap lies about brother... wich never played online, just little bit single player. After that i realized that lie isn't working i decided to say that i fucked up and i need proper punishment for that. I got kicked from clan and i thought that i will never be able to join other clans. But GameZone24 community forgiven my mistake, gave me second chance by accepting me in SGI clan and from that moment i never ever cheated. Only hard training and determination, brings pure skill not like bot do.

The Polish scene was one of the largest and it counted many of the greatest players this game ever had, now that they are almost all gone, how do you feel being one of the last player to represent your country, carrying such a legacy on your shoulders?

It's nothing new for me, representing my country only by me. After gamespy's closedown, First Encounter Polish deathmatch scene was completly gone, only I was playing out there, same thing goes to Second Encounter. I don't feel pretty much legacy on my shoulders, i just want to show that Poland still exists in Serious Sam's deathmatch and it had really good players even if it's only one person. That person can allways bring something new, unique in deathmatch.

What are your plans besides Serious Sam? Do you play any other game? If you do, do you use the experience you learn from these other games in Serious Sam?

Well i play time to time CS:GO but i want to keep up with Serious Sam. In CS:GO physics is completly diffrent, what i'm using in it is tactics wich in most of cases work really well, i mean fast movement and pretty close range while i'm shooting. Serious Sam for me is also some kind of "training" polygon. Here i learned programming, animating models etc. I released many player models for that and my very first modification wich is Alpha Remake, that community really liked it. That motivated me to release more and more content and make it look even better.

Highlights
    Begun on First Encounter
    Has joined 3 clans
    SOL™ ShottyStars 2017 3rd place
    Last edited by Skyward; 26.12.2022 at 19:01.

Campers Clan

Featured: Pheonix

Introduction: 2007
    Current clan: HellRaizers
    Nationality: Croatia

Gear of choice: Sharkoon Fireglider; Logitech K120

"I was inspired by everyone who succeeded with clans. Main idea? Just to make SS more active and more fun with many clans."

You were younger than the community average when we got to know you, how did an old game like Serious Sam interested you?

My first try to play serious sam ever was when I was 5 or 6 years old. My uncle (he was young at that age) came pretty frenquently to my house because my dad had a computer and he liked to play games. One day he brough to my house a brand new game which was Serious Sam: The Second Encounter. The game was so amazing. I loved to watch how my uncle beats the game. He let me play few times but at that age I was so scary to play it. Few years later, in 2007, my dad bought me a computer. I felt nolstalgia about SS so I downloaded it. Played so long single player mode and never could get tired of it. In 2008 i got internet for the first time and tried multiplayer. It was so damn good to play with other players on cooperative mode. I wasn't interested for death match mode, until I meet few good people who brought me there in late 2011. Since then... I think you know the rest.

Fortress has been your favorite map for a while now, can you tell why? What do you particularly like in this map?

In past I have played so many times with High Voltage... almost every single day. Of course on the beginning I didn't like to play versus him, because the match often ended with 30:0 for him. He was a beast for me, I couldn't last long in the game. Then at some point I finally figured out all his tricks and tactics so he became an easier target to face. What I like on this map? Everything.

What was the main idea behind God's Guardians? Did other young clans like The Untouchables or Extreme Fighters inspire you? Why did you leave?

I was inspired by everyone who succeeded with clans. I was just too young and childish. Main idea? Just to make SS more active and more fun with many clans. There are few reasons why I left: half of my members left SS without saying a word. Other half started to trash each other without any real reason. So, bit by bit they all left me. After everything I passed, I just couldnt leave my clan. Few days later I got PM from Observer Mastaa. He saw that I was growing up and seen my potential... It was a really hard decision to make, but in the end when I realised that there were no future for my clan, I accepted his request [joining CompleXity].

So, you've been on the scene for quite a long time now, you've experienced leading your own team which is something not a lot of people have done in the decade and you've also joined two prestigious clans such as CompleXity and HellRaizers, but people still seems to underestimate you, do you think you are missing something or it's them? What would you like to tell them?

No, I'm not missing anything, it's all by my fault. I really acted like a kid and often didnt think before I said something. I dont have so much to tell them, I'm just grateful that I joined in this small community.

You live in Croatia, which is Croteam's home country, have you ever met one of them or seen their HQ or even went to a gaming event or conference they attended?

No, I havent met anyone. I dont follow them on social medias so I dont know any event they make.

Highlights
    Has played for 5 clans
    God's Guardians Founder
    Last edited by Skyward; 26.12.2022 at 19:05.

Thread Information