Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 357
  1. #331
    Gospodski
    Join Date
    April 2012
    Posts
    4,692

    Downloads: 165  Uploads: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    sorry for having a lif.
    Others don't have??
    U need 2 weeks to upload screens and update matches???
    I work 2 jobs a day + I still find time to go out and to play ss to get at least some activity in a dead game
    And dont talk about "everyone" because it's not true and you know it

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersniper98 View Post
    Don't go anywhere! Don't go anywhere! Leaving is gay move since you have nothing to lose
    If he can do nothing for 2 weeks, then whats the problem if i leave tournament?
    Call me what you want, I don't care

  2. #332
    Fiat Punto
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    Řecko
    Posts
    178

    Downloads: 20  Uploads: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
    If he can do nothing for 2 weeks, then whats the problem if i leave tournament?
    The problem is: What did you lose from this waiting? You still joined games regardless of this tourney, so is there difference if you played normal games, or tourney games during this time? The only reasons I see someone would do this is a person who hurries to end it because he will not be able to access SS later or someone who rushes to uninstall the game for some reason. So which one of the two is it? Because as I see currently from your activity you don't have other job at midnight, in which case there is 0 sense to leave tourney, how else am i supposed to explain it

  3. #333
    Gospodski
    Join Date
    April 2012
    Posts
    4,692

    Downloads: 165  Uploads: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersniper98 View Post
    The problem is: What did you lose from this waiting? You still joined games regardless of this tourney, so is there difference if you played normal games, or tourney games during this time? The only reasons I see someone would do this is a person who hurries to end it because he will not be able to access SS later or someone who rushes to uninstall the game for some reason. So which one of the two is it? Because as I see currently from your activity you don't have other job at midnight, in which case there is 0 sense to leave tourney, how else am i supposed to explain it
    Passion and interest
    I even agreed to play vs jack and fors on Zeo's ru server which is terrible for my connection. I didnt care if I win or loose, i only cared to make this tourney possible in 2020!!!
    And what meta do? He was loosing in match vs ms and during the game he rq like a spoiled kid after that he stop to care about this tourney

  4. #334
    -)C(- Smack the Rabbit Champion Fishing the Sea Champion
    Join Date
    March 2012
    Location
    Yaroslavl
    Posts
    1,644

    Downloads: 87  Uploads: 0

    i think penix should calm down
    GEE GEE MY FRIEND)))))0)0))))



    Negative ex-member
    TheUntouchables ex-member
    Devils ex-member
    HellRaiZers co-founder
    Current team - Campers
    ___________________________

    also known as:
    Pull Ya? Let It Doll Go!
    FLASHBACK
    Artorias the Abysswalker
    Raime the Fume Knight
    Ornstein the Dragonslayer

  5. #335
    Campers Clan

    Join Date
    January 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    12,090

    Downloads: 54  Uploads: 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
    Passion and interest
    I even agreed to play vs jack and fors on Zeo's ru server which is terrible for my connection. I didnt care if I win or loose, i only cared to make this tourney possible in 2020!!!
    And what meta do? He was loosing in match vs ms and during the game he rq like a spoiled kid after that he stop to care about this tourney
    yeah I definitively lost passion and interest for an old broken game where I can't perform properly anymore. Me pley call of booty whorezone rn.
    Since you too supposedly lost passion and interest aswell then you should understand me.

    However this doesn't affect the results updates. My work schedules have been changed recently (made much heavier) and the least time i'm not working then i'm almost never at home.

    Keep in mind that updating scores (especially in their current forms such as stats, uploading demos, watching demos for screenshot and everything) takes a lot of time - sometimes more than 2 hours, and that's 2 hours I can't afford to spend so often (anymore). Organizing a tournament definitely is work and you should be glad you had one. Not a lot of people have been organizing tourneys through the sam era and you should respect them for investing so much time in it.

    In my case I will quit organizing tournaments due to lack of time, and of course as mentioned above lack of interest. I'm not sure what will become the SOL series but I will at least try to keep some stats up by mixing some features with Chyl's newer (and much easier) tournament formulas. Surely more info soon.

    Please be patient.

    click to view my steam profile



    AOC ● Corsair ● Asus ● Razer ● Beyerdynamic

  6. #336
    Hardcore capitalist

    Join Date
    January 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,673

    Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

    oh boy could i quote skywards earlier statements about serious sam and his „responsibility“ about keeping this game active even if he was the last person on earth... hot air obviously


    ... who cares show must go on!

    and btw you can fast forward demos, it saves you alot of time actually


    "ye my server is laggy bcoz internet provider is wireless" ~ Karel

    Steam: AmcO
    Battlenet: AmcoTraD#2499
    EPIC: A M C O T R A D

  7. #337
    Campers~
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Surgut
    Posts
    8,462

    Downloads: 39  Uploads: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    yeah I definitively lost passion and interest for an old broken game where I can't perform properly anymore. Me pley call of booty whorezone rn.
    Since you too supposedly lost passion and interest aswell then you should understand me.

    However this doesn't affect the results updates. My work schedules have been changed recently (made much heavier) and the least time i'm not working then i'm almost never at home.

    Keep in mind that updating scores (especially in their current forms such as stats, uploading demos, watching demos for screenshot and everything) takes a lot of time - sometimes more than 2 hours, and that's 2 hours I can't afford to spend so often (anymore). Organizing a tournament definitely is work and you should be glad you had one. Not a lot of people have been organizing tourneys through the sam era and you should respect them for investing so much time in it.

    In my case I will quit organizing tournaments due to lack of time, and of course as mentioned above lack of interest. I'm not sure what will become the SOL series but I will at least try to keep some stats up by mixing some features with Chyl's newer (and much easier) tournament formulas. Surely more info soon.

    Please be patient.
    I've got many free time for now I can help you with this stuff if you want...
    and if Pheonix really doesn't want to play we could replace him...

  8. #338
    Director
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Location
    zeo stole them frags
    Posts
    19,791

    Downloads: 28  Uploads: 1

    In 2020 tourneys must be quick and easier to manage. No more than two maps, no more than 10 minutes per map. The whole game takes like 20-30 minutes, so I think finding these 25-30 minutes for one round (two maps) shouldnt be a big deal (o no no big deeeeal).

    With 8 Players and double elimination bracket there will be only 15 games played in total. 20 minutes x 15 = 300 minutes of whole tourney gameplay. That's 5 hours for 15 games and whole tourney to be finished.

    I remember playing one clanwar round took like 2-3 hours, and there were like 15 rounds in total too afair, thats 45 houts of gameplay in total.

    Also, max gameplay time for a person who wins all the matches (not being put in a loosers bracket) will take 80-100 minutes, aka 1 hour 20 minutes or 1 hour 40 minutes. That's like nothing.

    Compare this to SOL, where whole round took like 30 minutes and there were way more rounds in total (with 16 players and swiss system) - around 50. Thats like 3-4 times more rounds and 1,5x longer rounds, which means it takes like 6-7 times longer to play.
    Where r my 115€ and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

    GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

  9. #339
    Campers Clan

    Join Date
    January 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    12,090

    Downloads: 54  Uploads: 4

    Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    oh boy could i quote skywards earlier statements about serious sam and his „responsibility“ about keeping this game active even if he was the last person on earth... hot air obviously


    ... who cares show must go on!

    and btw you can fast forward demos, it saves you alot of time actually
    I can't deny I completely changed my mind. Also I can't use the demo commands because these are bound to the num pad and I use a ten key less keyboard, so no fast forward for me

    click to view my steam profile



    AOC ● Corsair ● Asus ● Razer ● Beyerdynamic

  10. #340
    Hardcore capitalist

    Join Date
    January 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,673

    Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    I can't deny I completely changed my mind. Also I can't use the demo commands because these are bound to the num pad and I use a ten key less keyboard, so no fast forward for me
    i am shocked you really wasted all the time to watch a full demo instead of just switching the keys, as for myself i use the key "Ä" by default for fast forwarding on standard german keyboard layout...

    besides i would force tourney players to upload the screenshots by their own as everyone uses Autoscreenshot script nowadays anyway to save you a little time


    "ye my server is laggy bcoz internet provider is wireless" ~ Karel

    Steam: AmcO
    Battlenet: AmcoTraD#2499
    EPIC: A M C O T R A D

  11. #341
    Campers Clan

    Join Date
    January 2008
    Location
    France
    Posts
    12,090

    Downloads: 54  Uploads: 4

    Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    i am shocked you really wasted all the time to watch a full demo instead of just switching the keys, as for myself i use the key "Ä" by default for fast forwarding on standard german keyboard layout...

    besides i would force tourney players to upload the screenshots by their own as everyone uses Autoscreenshot script nowadays anyway to save you a little time
    they're unable to play a game on their own, I don't expect so much xD so far only Zeo and Zdzichu have been kind enough to help me out. I can't blame anyone though, they don't know the time it takes

    click to view my steam profile



    AOC ● Corsair ● Asus ● Razer ● Beyerdynamic

  12. #342
    Just living a life
    Join Date
    March 2008
    Location
    Currently Iceland
    Posts
    3,702

    Downloads: 198  Uploads: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by HeLLspAWn View Post
    In 2020 tourneys must be quick and easier to manage. No more than two maps, no more than 10 minutes per map. The whole game takes like 20-30 minutes, so I think finding these 25-30 minutes for one round (two maps) shouldnt be a big deal (o no no big deeeeal).

    With 8 Players and double elimination bracket there will be only 15 games played in total. 20 minutes x 15 = 300 minutes of whole tourney gameplay. That's 5 hours for 15 games and whole tourney to be finished.

    I remember playing one clanwar round took like 2-3 hours, and there were like 15 rounds in total too afair, thats 45 houts of gameplay in total.

    Also, max gameplay time for a person who wins all the matches (not being put in a loosers bracket) will take 80-100 minutes, aka 1 hour 20 minutes or 1 hour 40 minutes. That's like nothing.

    Compare this to SOL, where whole round took like 30 minutes and there were way more rounds in total (with 16 players and swiss system) - around 50. Thats like 3-4 times more rounds and 1,5x longer rounds, which means it takes like 6-7 times longer to play.
    Bill Jay - the Math Gey



    People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

    It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

  13. #343
    Fiat Punto
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Location
    Řecko
    Posts
    178

    Downloads: 20  Uploads: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
    Passion and interest
    I even agreed to play vs jack and fors on Zeo's ru server which is terrible for my connection. I didnt care if I win or loose, i only cared to make this tourney possible in 2020!!!
    And what meta do? He was loosing in match vs ms and during the game he rq like a spoiled kid after that he stop to care about this tourney
    OK! Fair point! Although if you lost interest (game isn't interesting) you wouldn't join regular games, you would sit only for tournament games like some people here do

    @Meta You don't even need buttons, the console is accessible and command is dem_fRealTimeFactor

  14. #344
    Immortals Clan Elite
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,226

    Downloads: 48  Uploads: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Supersniper98 View Post
    OK! Fair point! Although if you lost interest (game isn't interesting) you wouldn't join regular games, you would sit only for tournament games like some people here do

    @Meta You don't even need buttons, the console is accessible and command is dem_fRealTimeFactor
    i only ever used this command, didnt even know u could use keys

  15. #345
    Campers~
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Surgut
    Posts
    8,462

    Downloads: 39  Uploads: 0

    Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    i only ever used this command, didnt even know u could use keys
    lol same here

 

 
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SOL™ ShottyStars 2020 [Schedule & Results]
    By Skyward in forum War Zone™
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16.02.2020, 22:48
  2. SOL™ Classics 2019 [Rules & Talks]
    By Skyward in forum Shotty Open League™
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 04.12.2019, 07:12
  3. SOL™ ShottyStars 2017 [Rules & Talks]
    By Skyward in forum Shotty Open League™
    Replies: 398
    Last Post: 01.07.2017, 01:01
  4. SOL™ ShottyStars 2017 Champions Tournament [Schedule & Results]
    By Skyward in forum Shotty Open League™
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 24.04.2017, 22:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •