Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 144Hz support

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

144Hz support

i think many of you use a monitor that displays more than 50 or 60 Hz

i was using an RTX 2070 and 144Hz support was working by default, then i tried it with an RX 590 and it doesnt work anymore... i also tried /gap_irefreshrate=144 but that didnt help, just turned OpenGL to Direct 3D..

it works in Direct 3D mode but the performance is crap

maybe we can sort this out together

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

Hi Subzero. d3d probably is your only chance. it's not so bad. or 120 hz should work too and are enough for Sam imo
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

I played with 144Hz today, works perfectly. I have an easy solution for this.

Edit: Ok fak zis, looks like it's some different problem. Might be your settings in nvidia control panel (game dependant)
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

I play with amd and open gl, Is that a good setting? Coz Direct 3d Is not smooth for me

VPN Elite

Quote Originally Posted by X Fighter View Post
    Hi Subzero. d3d probably is your only chance. it's not so bad. or 120 hz should work too and are enough for Sam imo
    missspelled the name lul, i am playing in window mode now and with 200 ping thanks to Karel who hosted his server over wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by HeLLspAWn View Post
    I played with 144Hz today, works perfectly. I have an easy solution for this.

Edit: Ok fak zis, looks like it's some different problem. Might be your settings in nvidia control panel (game dependant)
    no nvidia control panel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gods Hand View Post
    I play with amd and open gl, Is that a good setting? Coz Direct 3d Is not smooth for me
    ye, try windowed mode.. we need to contact politician

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Fiat Punto

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 0

Hi... idk how you had it working there with the nVidia card but ok, here I have an RX 5700 XT and normally 144 Hz works only in D3D in Fullscreen, but D3D here may sometimes produce low framerates in native maps (like 30-40 or lower lol)... so I just play windowed and use OpenGL... 144 Hz works just fine.
    Try it! It really isn't bad at all, the taskbar underneath hides automatically (for me at least, heard Karel's doesn't) and you get a small border on top, but nothing is pushed out of the screen if you use native resolution, Sam automatically decreases window size (in the case of 1080p, its 1920x1071) but FOV etc is not affected! The only downside I found was that the viewmodel in firstperson was affected and it is much closer than it should be (like without the 16:9 patch and a stretched resolution on 4:3 aspect ratio)... but viewing FOV is still fine!
    For 2 monitors windowed is ideal, because normally SS takes way too long to switch between game and and desktop. Now if you are a fan of stretched resolutions... I can't help you because those won't work in windowed of course but otherwise if you play native try it)
    Here is how your game will look like:
    Untitled.jpg
    Notice small border on top... its only about 9 pixels) If you really care then I guess idk I cant help since Borderless doesn't exist for Classic)

Director

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    missspelled the name lul, i am playing in window mode now and with 200 ping thanks to Karel who hosted his server over wifi

no nvidia control panel

ye, try windowed mode.. we need to contact politician

Why no nivida cp? Its RTX...
    -
    -----------------

VPN Elite

i sold my rtx 2070 as i said in first post it was working totally fine yes

we need a solution for amd guys

Fiat Punto

Did you ignore me :|

Oh NVM) I was writing the post for too long and I didn't see earlier messages
    Still don't understand why people insist on Fullscreen

VPN Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Supersniper98 View Post
    Did you ignore me :|

Oh NVM) I was writing the post for too long and I didn't see earlier messages
    Still don't understand why people insist on Fullscreen
    thanks for your post man much appreciate, as you already stated negative aspects are not too huge yes.. but imo the game is performing much better in fullscreen, i feel less input delay and also my mouse overall just feels better moving it

Director

i sold my rtx 2070 as i said in first post it was working totally fine yes

we need a solution for amd guys
    Me hawe Brain damage today. Really.

Too tired probably.

No solution for AMD so far. I think it has something like Catalyst driver and settings. There should be some kind of settings for AMd Gpus, you should check there and see if there's something considering openGL and refresh rates.
    Last edited by HeLLspAWn; 29.02.2020 at 01:56.
    -
    -----------------

Fiat Punto

i feel less input delay and also my mouse overall just feels better moving it
    that is weird) Check your PC lolo- for me in Classic a very small amount of input lag always existed in third-person, but this doesn't bother me at all... otherwise in first-person with Sharp Turning On its total 0 input lag always) Input lag in third-person.... can't be fixed as far as I know (unless you add sharp turning there, and it gets messy... I uploaded a video from a build where someone tried that xD)

Veteran Member

Downloads: 86  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Gods Hand View Post
    If you have a card from AMD, then only OpenGL will be the right choice in SS. However, OpenGL has a limit on output frequency. And so You won't get 144Hz on the monitor. Skyward has done such experiments, I too. I got a maximum frequency of 120Hz
    Windowed mode is probably the only possible solution. But it has both its positive and negative sides. I opted for full-screen mode and a frequency of 120Hz. It is possible that this will not be the optimal choice for everyone.

VPN Elite

Quote Originally Posted by AlexHF View Post
    If you have a card from AMD, then only OpenGL will be the right choice in SS. However, OpenGL has a limit on output frequency. And so You won't get 144Hz on the monitor. Skyward has done such experiments, I too. I got a maximum frequency of 120Hz
    120 would be ok for me, but it doesnt work either
    i used ingame options and a command, both had the same effect - they didnt work and thus the game loaded standard 3D Settings

but cant i trick the game by telling it i have an nvidia card? i am sure croteam messed some display settings up back in the days

Veteran Member

Downloads: 86  Uploads: 0

I have AMD 5700 reference card, I have AMD FreeSync enabled, and my monitor supports AMD FreeSync. I didn't make any tricky graphics settings in the game. AMD drivers already have profiles for SS-SE, something I changed a little bit, I don't remember, but it is clearly not related to the screen frequency. It may be necessary to change something with the screen resolutions, or there may be a problem with used HDMI/DP output

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information