Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

Anyone playing this (or have played)?

Does anyone play this? I'm not into QC, so I still play QL.
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

I played a bit until I finally gave up.

It's objectively a good game when it comes to play casual, but their 1vs1 is complete garbage in my opinion. It brings you in a 3 rounds 1v1, you select 3 champions to play with and the victory comes when one of you has eliminated the 3 champions of his opponent.

'til there, no much problem. But, the abilities (ultimate) plays a too much important role in who wins and who loses, just like in mobas if you do the wrong choice in your champions you're pratically sure to know who's gonna win and who's gonna lose before even playing the game. But where popular mobas like LoL or Dota managed to balance almost everything (excepts the current metagame, cuz game is free so ppl must pay some to bring money), this doesn't work at all in any FPS of this type that I could try. They haven't found anything better to do than getting legal wallhacks and aimbots as ''ultimate'', just two exemple. This feels like a Quake for the noob...

In addition, after your champion is eliminated (you died) the round does NOT restart, which is a major disadvantage for you because your opponent can still move and regen his health and armor quickly while you start with 100 hp, no armor and of course... no weapon.

Playing competitive on this game is an absolute nope for me reason: bad.

Looking forward Project A (Valorian) but I don't hold high hopes about it.

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Fiat Punto

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    In addition, after your champion is eliminated (you died) the round does NOT restart, which is a major disadvantage for you because your opponent can still move and regen his health and armor quickly while you start with 100 hp, no armor and of course... no weapon.
    Uh... isn't that how most arena shooter games work?

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Supersniper98 View Post
    Uh... isn't that how most arena shooter games work?
    Old games yes, because they were not made for esports purposes

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

I played a bit until I finally gave up.

It's objectively a good game when it comes to play casual, but their 1vs1 is complete garbage in my opinion. It brings you in a 3 rounds 1v1, you select 3 champions to play with and the victory comes when one of you has eliminated the 3 champions of his opponent.

'til there, no much problem. But, the abilities (ultimate) plays a too much important role in who wins and who loses, just like in mobas if you do the wrong choice in your champions you're pratically sure to know who's gonna win and who's gonna lose before even playing the game. But where popular mobas like LoL or Dota managed to balance almost everything (excepts the current metagame, cuz game is free so ppl must pay some to bring money), this doesn't work at all in any FPS of this type that I could try. They haven't found anything better to do than getting legal wallhacks and aimbots as ''ultimate'', just two exemple. This feels like a Quake for the noob...

Playing competitive on this game is an absolute nope for me reason: bad.

Looking forward Project A (Valorian) but I don't hold high hopes about it.
    MAN ULTIMATES NEVER DECIDE THE OUTCOME OF A MOBA GAME
    people with your iceberg above the water knowledge of the game always are shit tier of silver and below
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

MobbingZone24 Elite

Downloads: 34  Uploads: 0

As I said earlier in our "Quake Champions debate" in shoutbox, I welcome any changes that affect overall gameplay in arena shooters. People basically want Q3 with QC graphics, but I'm sure if you deliver them this, they would be mad that there were no changes made, and would call this a lazy move from developers and a cash grab.

IMO all of the characters are pretty well balanced (as for right now - things were different in the past), so if you're skilled enough, you can win with ANY character line-up. I'm also very happy with character abilities, since it is another major factor, besides aim and map knowledge, you had to learn, adapt to, and master to become a better player overall. If you play smart, it's going to give you a huge advantage, if you use it like a noob, it's a wasted ability. It's as simple as that.

wtf isn't that any FPS DM's core mechanism? Restarting a round after every kill would be annoying as fuck, especially in a fast-paced shooters like QC. Besides, AGAIN, it all comes down to your skill. You would lose your pace after efery kill and that's pretty frustrating. Being able to continue the round after a kill, again, gives you an advantage if you're skilled enough and know how to use it.

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    IMO all of the characters are pretty well balanced (as for right now - things were different in the past), so if you're skilled enough, you can win with ANY character line-up. I'm also very happy with character abilities, since it is another major factor, besides aim and map knowledge, you had to learn, adapt to, and master to become a better player overall. If you play smart, it's going to give you a huge advantage, if you use it like a noob, it's a wasted ability. It's as simple as that.

wtf isn't that any FPS DM's core mechanism? Restarting a round after every kill would be annoying as fuck, especially in a fast-paced shooters like QC. Besides, AGAIN, it all comes down to your skill. You would lose your pace after efery kill and that's pretty frustrating. Being able to continue the round after a kill, again, gives you an advantage if you're skilled enough and know how to use it.
    I don't know how we can even talk about balance since all characters are very different
    By the way i'm not talking about FFA but well about 1vs1, when you do a game on Sam for example you're not going to stop it each frag because you got 30 frags to do or a time limit, here in QC you got only 3 rounds, 3 frags to do only, skill or not if you kill your opponent and manage to spawnkill him as fast as possible your opponent can't do much to counter that...

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    MAN ULTIMATES NEVER DECIDE THE OUTCOME OF A MOBA GAME
    people with your iceberg above the water knowledge of the game always are shit tier of silver and below
    I don't care to this point, I hate mobas and I hate the way modern FPS are turning to moba FPS, they will never get a single cent from me. On side I'd like to know where are the Overwatch and Paladin's pro scenes? even Siege does better, and it's nowhere near any moba and ult shit.

MobbingZone24 Elite

I don't know how we can even talk about balance since all characters are very different
    well... Characters being very different might actually be a very good reason to talk about BALANCE don't you think LUL

Fiat Punto

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    By the way i'm not talking about FFA but well about 1vs1, when you do a game on Sam for example you're not going to stop it each frag because you got 30 frags to do or a time limit, here in QC you got only 3 rounds, 3 frags to do only, skill or not if you kill your opponent and manage to spawnkill him as fast as possible your opponent can't do much to counter that...
    Yeah I was thinking the above, but since by 3 rounds you mean 3 frags then yeah, I guess round should be restarted ... wait wtf? 3 frags? that must be awfully short game

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

I don't care to this point, I hate mobas and I hate the way modern FPS are turning to moba FPS, they will never get a single cent from me. On side I'd like to know where are the Overwatch and Paladin's pro scenes? even Siege does better, and it's nowhere near any moba and ult shit.
    well I dont give a shit about current FPS scene... I like endless possibilities with endless things that you can do and never get bored, shooters like Sam dont provide that. Games like League do
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

> fps
    > different characters with different abilities

I'm maybe too old but no thanks
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

MobbingZone24 Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Supersniper98 View Post
    Yeah I was thinking the above, but since by 3 rounds you mean 3 frags then yeah, I guess round should be restarted ... wait wtf? 3 frags? that must be awfully short game
    If you're playing 1v1 with 3 characters, it's best of 5, so you have to win 3 games to win the match (you have to get 9 frags total). There's also 1v1 mode where you play as 1 character and you have to get 30 frags or more to win (or when time limit is up - 10 minutes by default)

Post Tenebras Lux

Downloads: 10  Uploads: 0

https://steamcommunity.com/id/nammyo...mended/611500/

Here's my review which I've been updating over the last 2,5 years

tl;dr ridiculous mismanagement on id/Bethesda's part. If you enjoy it for what it is, it's a cool game. But don't expect any significant changes in the near future, or ever. Esports note: There's still a pro circuit going on (Quake Pro League), they stream on twitch every weekend.

A lot of AFPS players have been checking out Diabotical recently, I didn't sign up for the beta because I don't have time to play rn, but from what I've seen on streams it's very much like QL and might be more of what you're looking for. It doesn't have abilities and is a more "bare-bones" AFPS. Its development is funded by Epic and should be seeing even more improvements over the coming years, whereas QC will probably never leave early access.

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

Diabotical - people were talking about it in QC. I didn't have time to check it but looks like it's time to try that one. If it's good enough, a new section will be added to gz forums.

Btw Quake Champions is actually played by old-school Quake players and there are tournaments every weekend. I don't care because I don't like QC, but looks like it's still a competitive fps.
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

MobbingZone24 Elite

Even though I don't play QC anymore, I still enjoy watching various tourneys. Quake Champions is an exceptionally enjoyable game to watch imo, I wish it has a much bigger player base, which it truly deserves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information