Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win10 update

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

Win10 update

Having an issue with the 3 latest consecutive updates of Windows 10, it fucks up the network settings and it can't find the DNS. I have to reboot both my PC and router and try plenty of stuff with the network settings to bring it back.
    I tried to contact the Microsoft support to talk about it but all they have is a ridiculous bot that throws plenty of offtopic articles in your face, i've never seen such a pathetic and useless support before.

Anyone else has/had that issue? Maybe you've encountered other issues with Win10 updates?

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Fiat Punto

Downloads: 21  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Having an issue with the 3 latest consecutive updates of Windows 10, it fucks up the network settings and it can't find the DNS. I have to reboot both my PC and router and try plenty of stuff with the network settings to bring it back.
    I tried to contact the Microsoft support to talk about it but all they have is a ridiculous bot that throws plenty of offtopic articles in your face, i've never seen such a pathetic and useless support before.

Anyone else has/had that issue? Maybe you've encountered other issues with Win10 updates?
    You talk about the.... 1909 Windows 10 version? Haven't installed that yet...
    As for network settings: right click on that shit in taskbar->Open Network & Internet Settings->2nd category from menu on right (Ethernet)->Change Adapter Options (from related settings on the left).... find the adapter you use for internet and right click->Properties and from window that will appear find Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) and click Properties... in there you will see DNS, just fill it with some public DNS like Google (8.8.8.8) or Cloudflare (1.1.1.1) Apply and Close.. then restart adapter (from previous menu right click on adapter->Disable and then Enable) Maybe it will help)

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Supersniper98 View Post
    You talk about the.... 1909 Windows 10 version? Haven't installed that yet...
    As for network settings: right click on that shit in taskbar->Open Network & Internet Settings->2nd category from menu on right (Ethernet)->Change Adapter Options (from related settings on the left).... find the adapter you use for internet and right click->Properties and from window that will appear find Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) and click Properties... in there you will see DNS, just fill it with some public DNS like Google (8.8.8.8) or Cloudflare (1.1.1.1) Apply and Close.. then restart adapter (from previous menu right click on adapter->Disable and then Enable) Maybe it will help)
    I was using the google's DNS but the same issue happened, I don't know the name or number of the version, I just know that it's the 3 latest updates (one of them being yesterday)

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

ok it reset my settings too, but when i want to save changes to the original ones, it says there's same IP in other network card (i checked and it isn't) i saved anyway, and it works after 2nd trial, dns too (on the first trial, it wiped my default gateway)

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Fiat Punto

Quote Originally Posted by GraphX View Post
    ok it reset my settings too, but when i want to save changes to the original ones, it says there's same IP in other network card (i checked and it isn't) i saved anyway, and it works after 2nd trial, dns too (on the first trial, it wiped my default gateway)
    Hmm I think I had similar situation here too... but I saved anyway and later that problem disappeared (problem was on router side though)

Campers Clan

my router is almost 10 years old, could it be that it's too old?

Fiat Punto

Hmm... maybe

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

i heard that thing before, but in reality older things were made to last longer.. anyway when i had issues with internet provider my provided told me to change router, I did but it didnt fix an issue, if this happened to me now, that guy wouldnt work in that company anymore
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    i heard that thing before, but in reality older things were made to last longer.. anyway when i had issues with internet provider my provided told me to change router, I did but it didnt fix an issue, if this happened to me now, that guy wouldnt work in that company anymore
    Old stuff always last longer that's true, but the problem with PC hardware is that even if the materials are still usable and functionnal, it gets obsolete by the software updates... So the hardware reliability doesn't count that much for that.

Windows updated once again tonight, gonna turn my pc on now and I guess it will be the same shit once again. So much updates lately, that's really annoying

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

Old stuff always last longer that's true, but the problem with PC hardware is that even if the materials are still usable and functionnal, it gets obsolete by the software updates... So the hardware reliability doesn't count that much for that.

Windows updated once again tonight, gonna turn my pc on now and I guess it will be the same shit once again. So much updates lately, that's really annoying
    shit, actually haven't thought of it this way but it makes sense and im jsut stupid lmaoooo
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

Hardstyle <3

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 0

I have no problems with win 10 updates

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by InFecTeD View Post
    I have no problems with win 10 updates
    that's what I always said... until now

Rookie

Downloads:Uploads: 0

When the new version of Windows 10 appears, two types of problems may occur. You may encounter known errors that occur during and after the installation of the update. These are problems with activation, storage, functionality. There are also problems because of bugs specifically in this update. They may refer to drivers, application compatibility or third-party antivirus.

MobbingZone24 Elite

Downloads: 34  Uploads: 0

Thank You Fisher, switching to Ubuntu rn

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    When the new version of Windows 10 appears, two types of problems may occur. You may encounter known errors that occur during and after the installation of the update. These are problems with activation, storage, functionality. There are also problems because of bugs specifically in this update. They may refer to drivers, application compatibility or third-party antivirus.
    read this with indian accent

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information