Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

Jacob's Rest review

So thank you Rakanishu for an amazing campaign, I completed it almost in one go.. xD
    Things i liked:
    -Nice use of dark/dusk theme, atmosphere created was perfect
    -AI is 99% intelligent and actually runs at you
    -The level design for each level was amazing, I really loved a teleport arena with enemies it allows a lot of outplay potential I would really like to see a DM map with such concept.
    -New enemies - great addition to any campaign
    -Secrets!!!!
    -Dead ingame player models laying around was cool, I remember something like this from Bastion of Darkness

Now ill mention few things that I would liked to have seen but they are only my expectations and have nothing to do with a grate project that you created
    -New weapons would be nice
    -When i thought you added new enemies i thought they would be new models
    -I didnt like the secret armor/secret pill secrets because I think they are not the true secrets
    -Little too much dusk for me, I love bright colors
    -Idk what the story is I hate reading xD
    -Boss mechanics of looking up and shooting was kinda annoying... xD But it was a new mechanic for sam so it was still good

Overall amazing project I give it a solid 9.5/10, would give 10 if had new/hd weapon models I love these things
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

Devils Clan

Downloads: 66  Uploads: 0

Played and got stuck... Cannot open these:

SPOILER :

Any help?

My impressions (from what i've passed) are 9/10!
    First two level reminds me on "Fighting Force 2" levels which are cool, but easy to pass
    3rd level is awesome, much monsters, so bloddy, many tight space...
    Boss is interesting since you have to kill sub-bosses to get a chance to destroy reactors, otherwise they are protected.

Hardest room:
    SPOILER :

Died like 6-7 times for notthing 'till i figured out that u must rocketjump on that bridge since that maze crush u even if you hide under him

I've found few minor bugs:
    -First level first room - you must go forward few meters, afterward you can oppen the door and pick Tommy Gun
    -There are many object that are not solid (on purpose?)
    -If you "passed away" you lose minigun, but somehow it got restored back by itself @next level
    -In one room there is something invisible where you can climb up, and also it's spinning
    -There are 2 or 3 places where you can look outside map

-Secrets i've found without SP commands "cheating" (render shadows and fog):
    SPOILER :

Are you in love with the fog? Every level is foggy
    Great job Raka

InterPlayFigonaOwner

that maze room is easy lol, problem is you have lights disabled or something, there is a trail in which you have to walk to avoid it
    also I forgot too mention that the campaign was little bit too easy even on Normal diff ;D

Susperme KING of FRANCE

Devils Clan

Downloads: 66  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    that maze room is easy lol, problem is you have lights disabled or something, there is a trail in which you have to walk to avoid it
    also I forgot too mention that the campaign was little bit too easy even on Normal diff ;D
    I have to look up all the time to pass it

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    Jacob's Rest review

So thank you Rakanishu for an amazing campaign, I completed it almost in one go.. xD
    Things i liked:
    -Nice use of dark/dusk theme, atmosphere created was perfect
    -AI is 99% intelligent and actually runs at you
    -The level design for each level was amazing, I really loved a teleport arena with enemies it allows a lot of outplay potential I would really like to see a DM map with such concept.
    -New enemies - great addition to any campaign
    -Secrets!!!!
    -Dead ingame player models laying around was cool, I remember something like this from Bastion of Darkness

Now ill mention few things that I would liked to have seen but they are only my expectations and have nothing to do with a grate project that you created
    -New weapons would be nice
    -When i thought you added new enemies i thought they would be new models
    -I didnt like the secret armor/secret pill secrets because I think they are not the true secrets
    -Little too much dusk for me, I love bright colors
    -Idk what the story is I hate reading xD
    -Boss mechanics of looking up and shooting was kinda annoying... xD But it was a new mechanic for sam so it was still good

Overall amazing project I give it a solid 9.5/10, would give 10 if had new/hd weapon models I love these things
    Thanks for the positive feedbacks!

"New weapons would be nice": That would be possible only in a mod!
    "When i thought you added new enemies i thought they would be new models": Yeah, that's not the case. But I plan for future projects to use new models for new enemies, I already have some ideas and experienced some stuff properly working. I didn't have enough experience with setting up new enemy models yet.
    "I didnt like the secret armor/secret pill secrets because I think they are not the true secrets": Yeah these are easy ones

You can still use new weapon replacements available on the internet (or just use XPlus models) to improve your game experience, but only you will see if it you play in multiplayer, unless other peoples have it to!

9.5/10 is an amazing score for me, thank you!

___

@Click

Played and got stuck... Cannot open these:

SPOILER :

Any help?
    I know why you got stuck.

Sadly, when I designed this level (and the other ones too), I made a huge mistake and I could hardly go back with it. The cooperative mode of the levels DO NOT support "Extra Enemies" option off (that's why I made a disclaimer in the readme (and I just noticed I forgot to mention it in the first post, my bad). I wasn't aware that Enemy count must only be for Singleplayer and that additional coop enemies are "extra" and mustn't interfere with the gameplay:

COOPERATIVE GAME MODE NOTE
    The cooperative mode of the campaign was designed to be played with the option "EXTRA ENEMIES" ENABLED.
    The first three levels work well with this option disabled BUT you should be aware by the fact that there
    could be missing enemies during your game experience. Though, this doesn't prevent the levels from being completed.
    Therefore, the fourth and last level were NOT designed to be played with "Extra Enemies" option disabled and you will encounter
    problems proceeding if you keep it disabled. Make sure the option is ENABLED in order to play the level without any problems.
    To prevent from that, you either need to play Single player or Cooperative with Extra Enemies ON. I know that is a very bad mistake from mine...Fixing this would have added maybe 50 additional hours of development, I couldn't really do that. I'm sorry but now that I learned from that mistake, I won't do it anymore. I apologize once again.

"First level first room - you must go forward few meters, afterward you can oppen the door and pick Tommy Gun": That is not a bug. The tommygun is a secret weapon and the door is openable only after 20 seconds.
    "There are many object that are not solid (on purpose?)": Are you talking about "approximative" collisions like the silos in last area of 1st level? Sadly, Serious Engine is not accurate with model collisions. It can be prevented by making invisible brushes to draw the collision. I decided not to do this because the Silo collision was round-shaped and so enemies couldn't get stuck (or hardly at least) behind the Silos, which wouldn't be the case with a hand-shaped collision.
    "If you "passed away" you lose minigun, but somehow it got restored back by itself": In 4th level? You probably had the bad chance of respawning at the checkpoint just before the minigun
    "In one room there is something invisible where you can climb up, and also it's spinning. There are 2 or 3 places where you can look outside map": I'd like to see both of these!

Thank you for your feedbacks!

Bellatores

Downloads: 71  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Rakanishu View Post
    @Forsaken, It's simple, just copy and the whole content from Jacob's_Rest_V1.0.7z in your serious sam main directory.

Sorry for the confusion, I probably wrongly explained. You don't have to extract the .gro file, just put in your serious sam main directory, and same with bin and classes folders - nothing will be replaced, all the content is additional to the game

I'll edit the main post with:
    yeah I know about the .gro file, odd but I extracted bin and classes folders in the same way as I did with .gro file and it doesn't work... need to reinstall the game I assume
    Wake up to reality
    Nothing ever goes as planned
    In this accursed world

The longer you live the more you will realise
    That the only things that truly exist in this reality
    Are merely pain, suffering and futility

The selfish intent to preserve peace initiates wars
    And hatred is born in order to protect love
    For truly this reality is a hell

Make sure you have EntitiesAdvMP.dll in Bin and that you have AdvancedMonsterItemClasses directory and its content in classes, if not then the extraction didn't go well

Bellatores

Make sure you have EntitiesAdvMP.dll in Bin and that you have AdvancedMonsterItemClasses directory and its content in classes, if not then the extraction didn't go well
    ok I've said I'm noob in this but I'm not complete idiot of course I know how to extract files properly
    Wake up to reality
    In this accursed world

Gospodski

Downloads: 165  Uploads: 0

"Please open" and you solve the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    ok I've said I'm noob in this but I'm not complete idiot of course I know how to extract files properly
    So did you manage to make it work? You must be using SS:TSE V1.07. If you're on V1.05 or V1.10 it won't wory properly

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Dont mind Click too much on graphical side of things, he uses (I used his at some point too) potato graphics and therefore cant see many colored things that you have in the campaign, invisible rotating thing is where a Mask was probably

Susperme KING of FRANCE

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

i am trying to find secrets and keep dying, i have to play the complete level from the beginning thats pretty annoying, arent there spawn checkpoints?
    also i dont like the sound of moving platforms, it appears much faster than what it really is xD

otherwise i like it pretty much, overall level and enemy design is fitting well and the atmosphere also is much better than original coop levels

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Bellatores

So did you manage to make it work? You must be using SS:TSE V1.07. If you're on V1.05 or V1.10 it won't wory properly
    actually not I did exactly as you said and yes I saw in first post that it's 1.07 version required. I'll show error which the game shows me:
    I assume it tries to tell me that I don't have specified file, but I HAVE it so I don't know where is the problem in this...... I'll try to reinstall the game (it takes me 10 minutes or so) then I'll try again and write if it works or not

- - - Updated - - -

ok so it's fixed. I just thought that I needed to put all the files from the "Classes" folder in main SS directory then I just deleted all this files and put the whole folder in the directory and now it finally works
    Wake up to reality
    In this accursed world

Quote Originally Posted by AmcoTraD View Post
    i am trying to find secrets and keep dying, i have to play the complete level from the beginning thats pretty annoying, arent there spawn checkpoints?
    also i dont like the sound of moving platforms, it appears much faster than what it really is xD

otherwise i like it pretty much, overall level and enemy design is fitting well and the atmosphere also is much better than original coop levels
    There are! You probably forgot to enable auto saving in your player profile.

ok so it's fixed. I just thought that I needed to put all the files from the "Classes" folder in main SS directory then I just deleted all this files and put the whole folder in the directory and now it finally works
    Good to see you fixed it!

___

Also @Everyone I played it entirely in coop serious yesterday...And I found a big major bug: the last map doesn't end and player gets stuck because of cut-scene entities. I'm gonna fix it in the coming days and push an update!

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

lul fururken...

There are! You probably forgot to enable auto saving in your player profile.
    lul i didnt even know about that

Also @Everyone I played it entirely in coop serious yesterday...And I found a big major bug: the last map doesn't end and player gets stuck because of cut-scene entities. I'm gonna fix it in the coming days and push an update!
    good thing i havent played to the end yet

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information