Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    when did you become so toxic Vlad? come on ur making a bad view about our community, this person is new here I bet she doesn't really want to stay here seeing ur posts
    damn simps always on defense of their queens
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

Veteran Member

Downloads: 86  Uploads: 0

Don't rush to accuse anyone. It seems to me that everything that happened is more like a technical failure. Statistics didn't work on Ostap's servers on August 7. And on its game servers there was a very large ping and constantly badsync if masterserver was used - gs.ostap.eu. And Yes, some servers were not visible. But one Gamezone server was still visible. When using 333networks.com the ping was good and no badsync. The statistics could not be verified for this connection. The servers were visible. And Yes, there were no problems with gs.ostap.eu this morning.

Bellatores

Downloads: 71  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    damn simps always on defense of their queens
    that actually had nothing about her being a girl, I would say exactly the same if she was a boy... dunno maybe that's just how I see it, but for me ur being really toxic man, that's all.
    Wake up to reality
    Nothing ever goes as planned
    In this accursed world

The longer you live the more you will realise
    That the only things that truly exist in this reality
    Are merely pain, suffering and futility

The selfish intent to preserve peace initiates wars
    And hatred is born in order to protect love
    For truly this reality is a hell

edgebug

Downloads: 86  Uploads: 0

tfw when topic is about server visibility problem but it's more about egirls and feet pics
    certified engineer of doublekill bug

MobbingZone24 Elite

Downloads: 34  Uploads: 0

that actually had nothing about her being a girl, I would say exactly the same if she was a boy... dunno maybe that's just how I see it, but for me ur being really toxic man, that's all.
    you would be asking him for dickpicks like a madman

InterPlayFigonaOwner

so you're a beta now too huh, understandable, have a good day

Susperme KING of FRANCE

Bellatores

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    so you're a beta now too huh, understandable, have a good day
    quit trying to be such a smartass it doesn't fit you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Privateer View Post
    you would be asking him for dickpicks like a madman
    yah sure cause I never heard what google is
    Wake up to reality
    In this accursed world

InterPlayFigonaOwner

- - - Updated - - -

yah sure cause I never heard what google is
    quitting is for losers

Susperme KING of FRANCE

Random girl

Downloads:Uploads: 0

AlexHF, I'm sorry but I know when I see some stealth ban, not to mention that it was the 4th of August.

As I already said, the server disappeared while it was already open. Rebooted it several times, tried waiting, no change.

The moment I changed IP in my router, and also servername, it instantly appeared on the list again.

I'm not a person who accuses randomly but I'm also not easily fooled by these things. Technical issue with all servers showing up except mine, then I change IP + servername and it just simply shows up again?

The fact that there have been technical issues proves nothing, Valve's master-server has technical issues too and they're not rare, but it doesn't just affect one server and then when you change IP it straight up shows again.

Looks like the Aurora Borealis thing in Simpsons to me. Look it up.
    The most you're going to get by arguing with a squirrel is just some squeaking and some bites on your fingers.

elus1veness

Downloads: 781  Uploads: 58

Nah it fits him well , but all of us know he's a good guy ;D
    I'm against any kind of rude messages to newcomers, not because we don't have 'em often nowadays, but because that's silly and makes a bad view about our community.

Welcome aboard Melody , have tested your server today, 93 ping, no spikes, awesome
    watch unimaginable [2012]
    watch magnificent [2017]
    wait for ? [202x]

solid as a rock, cold as ice and dark as the night (zeo) (c) amco 2023

Bellatores

Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    Nah it fits him well , but all of us know he's a good guy ;D
    I'm against any kind of rude messages to newcomers, not because we don't have 'em often nowadays, but because that's silly and makes a bad view about our community.

Welcome aboard Melody , have tested your server today, 93 ping, no spikes, awesome
    well don't know about you but I liked him much more when he didn't talk like he is two heads above us all
    Wake up to reality
    In this accursed world

InterPlayFigonaOwner

well don't know about you but I liked him much more when he didn't talk like he is two heads above us all
    well as far as I know I am taller than you

Susperme KING of FRANCE

Random girl

Downloads:Uploads: 0

I'm very happy that most people have been nice with me being a new one and of course what I wanted to do was make some 10 or 15 servers for the community after testing one for a while, inviting people and friends to see all the results of it, as I did with SSHD and other games.

I'm sorry to come up to the conclusion I'm posting here below.

After over one month of running a single dedicated server on classic TSE with many different settings including server's max fps, inviting people and friends and getting feedbacks, I can conclude that the server code is just disaster, almost as disaster as revolution's: random lags, random ping changes, random disconnect reasons (like "server is full" randomly), people have to get high ping in order to play fine, and even then it starts lagging after a while, people mostly need to use BufferActions 5 or even more, every single person reports shaking even at high ping (100 ms+) after playing for several minutes, the lags are less the more people join in for probably some netcode mess, setting the process to realtime priority helps a bit, tried using HPET, LAPIC and TSC as clocksources with the same exact results, tried to use embedded RTC tick and CPU's tick with same exact results, changing CPU frequency or disabling internal CPU idle changes nothing, people are forced to use Fix42 which will exclude all masters except Ostap's it doesn't matter which variables you set, in short: community is way too much divided, some are toxic and some are just cheaters and the community defends them even when they blatantly cheat.
    I'll stick to Serious Sam HD TSE which has more manageable community, servers don't lag most of the times and other than random fake hits there isn't any weird problem that affects gameplay
    and not to mention that Ostap bans your server randomly off his master-server, then people defend him saying "iT wAs a TeChnIcAl proBlEm!1!!"

This doesn't apply to the whole community of course, there are very good people as I said. As we say in Italy: "don't make all the grass a bundle". You need to be fair in all circumstances.

And to be fair in every single circumstance you need to be impartial and judiciary on every single event. I won't support "monopoly" (or how we want to define it) any time soon, I won't support excluding all master servers except just one by using fishy methods (like having variables and then ignoring them entirely in the mod code), I won't support stealthily banning servers randomly off master-servers.

Ostap is appreciated for making fixes and stuff for the community, but the fishy actions are to be noticed too, which are current and, as far as I'm concerned, not just part of the past. The fact that he doesn't stealthily ban GZ24 servers won't prove anything, this is just the truth, not just randomly taking anyone's side here.

Appreciation and credits go as well to other people who made mods, skins, or stuff for the community, like Zeo, Zeb89 and Alex (just named the first ones who came first into my mind, won't really list every single person but there are of course more people).

All this said, I want to thank all the people who have been nice to me, helped me with finding things and testing, especially Supersniper, Karel and Godsather / Padrino.
    The most you're going to get by arguing with a squirrel is just some squeaking and some bites on your fingers.

Elite Member

Downloads: 52  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Melody666 View Post
    I'm very happy that most people have been nice with me being a new one and of course what I wanted to do was make some 10 or 15 servers for the community after testing one for a while, inviting people and friends to see all the results of it, as I did with SSHD and other games.

I'm sorry to come up to the conclusion I'm posting here below.

After over one month of running a single dedicated server on classic TSE with many different settings including server's max fps, inviting people and friends and getting feedbacks, I can conclude that the server code is just disaster, almost as disaster as revolution's: random lags, random ping changes, random disconnect reasons (like "server is full" randomly), people have to get high ping in order to play fine, and even then it starts lagging after a while, people mostly need to use BufferActions 5 or even more, every single person reports shaking even at high ping (100 ms+) after playing for several minutes, the lags are less the more people join in for probably some netcode mess, setting the process to realtime priority helps a bit, tried using HPET, LAPIC and TSC as clocksources with the same exact results, tried to use embedded RTC tick and CPU's tick with same exact results, changing CPU frequency or disabling internal CPU idle changes nothing, people are forced to use Fix42 which will exclude all masters except Ostap's it doesn't matter which variables you set, in short: community is way too much divided, some are toxic and some are just cheaters and the community defends them even when they blatantly cheat.
    I'll stick to Serious Sam HD TSE which has more manageable community, servers don't lag most of the times and other than random fake hits there isn't any weird problem that affects gameplay
    and not to mention that Ostap bans your server randomly off his master-server, then people defend him saying "iT wAs a TeChnIcAl proBlEm!1!!"

This doesn't apply to the whole community of course, there are very good people as I said. As we say in Italy: "don't make all the grass a bundle". You need to be fair in all circumstances.

And to be fair in every single circumstance you need to be impartial and judiciary on every single event. I won't support "monopoly" (or how we want to define it) any time soon, I won't support excluding all master servers except just one by using fishy methods (like having variables and then ignoring them entirely in the mod code), I won't support stealthily banning servers randomly off master-servers.

Ostap is appreciated for making fixes and stuff for the community, but the fishy actions are to be noticed too, which are current and, as far as I'm concerned, not just part of the past. The fact that he doesn't stealthily ban GZ24 servers won't prove anything, this is just the truth, not just randomly taking anyone's side here.

Appreciation and credits go as well to other people who made mods, skins, or stuff for the community, like Zeo, Zeb89 and Alex (just named the first ones who came first into my mind, won't really list every single person but there are of course more people).

All this said, I want to thank all the people who have been nice to me, helped me with finding things and testing, especially Supersniper, Karel and Godsather / Padrino.
    Sorry but THX for the server Melody

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

to be honest i dont know you but have a great time anyway

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information