Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Downloads: 16  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Melody666 View Post
    I'm very happy that most people have been nice with me being a new one and of course what I wanted to do was make some 10 or 15 servers for the community after testing one for a while, inviting people and friends to see all the results of it, as I did with SSHD and other games.

I'm sorry to come up to the conclusion I'm posting here below.

After over one month of running a single dedicated server on classic TSE with many different settings including server's max fps, inviting people and friends and getting feedbacks, I can conclude that the server code is just disaster, almost as disaster as revolution's: random lags, random ping changes, random disconnect reasons (like "server is full" randomly), people have to get high ping in order to play fine, and even then it starts lagging after a while, people mostly need to use BufferActions 5 or even more, every single person reports shaking even at high ping (100 ms+) after playing for several minutes, the lags are less the more people join in for probably some netcode mess, setting the process to realtime priority helps a bit, tried using HPET, LAPIC and TSC as clocksources with the same exact results, tried to use embedded RTC tick and CPU's tick with same exact results, changing CPU frequency or disabling internal CPU idle changes nothing, people are forced to use Fix42 which will exclude all masters except Ostap's it doesn't matter which variables you set, in short: community is way too much divided, some are toxic and some are just cheaters and the community defends them even when they blatantly cheat.
    I'll stick to Serious Sam HD TSE which has more manageable community, servers don't lag most of the times and other than random fake hits there isn't any weird problem that affects gameplay
    and not to mention that Ostap bans your server randomly off his master-server, then people defend him saying "iT wAs a TeChnIcAl proBlEm!1!!"

This doesn't apply to the whole community of course, there are very good people as I said. As we say in Italy: "don't make all the grass a bundle". You need to be fair in all circumstances.

And to be fair in every single circumstance you need to be impartial and judiciary on every single event. I won't support "monopoly" (or how we want to define it) any time soon, I won't support excluding all master servers except just one by using fishy methods (like having variables and then ignoring them entirely in the mod code), I won't support stealthily banning servers randomly off master-servers.

Ostap is appreciated for making fixes and stuff for the community, but the fishy actions are to be noticed too, which are current and, as far as I'm concerned, not just part of the past. The fact that he doesn't stealthily ban GZ24 servers won't prove anything, this is just the truth, not just randomly taking anyone's side here.

Appreciation and credits go as well to other people who made mods, skins, or stuff for the community, like Zeo, Zeb89 and Alex (just named the first ones who came first into my mind, won't really list every single person but there are of course more people).

All this said, I want to thank all the people who have been nice to me, helped me with finding things and testing, especially Supersniper, Karel and Godsather / Padrino.

are u italian? never heard ur nick before,i mean in the past 15 years lol

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Gods Hand View Post
    it seems she comes from SS HD, I don't think anyone of us excepts Klesk and my bro stepped into that game xD

I wonder if it's worth a look nowdays, it used to be more dead than classics, and that powerup is so stupid btw, main turn off that made me leave forever

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Random girl

Downloads:Uploads: 0

I was under different name on UT2004 since 2004 to 2012.
    Other than that, in like 2005 (if I'm not wrong), I had played classic very few times (under different name as well) and I mostly had connection problems all the time and ended up being kicked for bad sync all the time, so I gave up at some point.
    Got SS TSE in 2003 with a GMC (Giochi per il mio computer) magazine (an Italian magazine).
    The most you're going to get by arguing with a squirrel is just some squeaking and some bites on your fingers.

Bellatores

Downloads: 71  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    well as far as I know I am taller than you
    damn... ok that gives you the right to talk however you want
    Wake up to reality
    Nothing ever goes as planned
    In this accursed world

The longer you live the more you will realise
    That the only things that truly exist in this reality
    Are merely pain, suffering and futility

The selfish intent to preserve peace initiates wars
    And hatred is born in order to protect love
    For truly this reality is a hell

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    damn... ok that gives you the right to talk however you want
    nah, uppercut and problem solved

Bellatores

Downloads: 71  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    too hard for me as I am sitting in my house 24/7 I barely know how to fight
    Wake up to reality
    Nothing ever goes as planned
    In this accursed world

The longer you live the more you will realise
    That the only things that truly exist in this reality
    Are merely pain, suffering and futility

The selfish intent to preserve peace initiates wars
    And hatred is born in order to protect love
    For truly this reality is a hell

Veteran

Downloads: 22  Uploads: 0

la prossima domanda sarà ''Che bello anche io sono Italiano perchè non vieni a giocare un pò a sam a casa mia?''

honestly i wouldnt have been surprised if ostap did that kind of shit again, but it is also true you must be sure before accusing anyone.
    ~He's the shining and the light without whom I cannot see

sese member Snake Champion Asteroids Champion Starship Legend Champion Fishing the Sea Champion Disc Dash Champion Cell-Out Champion Railway Line Champion Penguin Pass Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Salker90 View Post
    la prossima domanda sarà ''Che bello anche io sono Italiano perchè non vieni a giocare un pò a sam a casa mia?''

honestly i wouldnt have been surprised if ostap did that kind of shit again, but it is also true you must be sure before accusing anyone.
    Sono troppo vecchio per questo haha,però mi incuriosiva davvero perchè seguo il forum da secoli e nn mi aspettavo gente nuova che postava nel 2020

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melody666 View Post
    I was under different name on UT2004 since 2004 to 2012.
    Other than that, in like 2005 (if I'm not wrong), I had played classic very few times (under different name as well) and I mostly had connection problems all the time and ended up being kicked for bad sync all the time, so I gave up at some point.
    Got SS TSE in 2003 with a GMC (Giochi per il mio computer) magazine (an Italian magazine).
    i remember this magazine and tgm, i trew them all in a bucket,too bad..

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    dont break your gentle fist
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    dont break your gentle fist
    I'd happily break my gentle fist if it can break a bad guy's teeth

Don (Rampage)

Downloads: 74  Uploads: 0

Sono troppo vecchio per questo haha,però mi incuriosiva davvero perchè seguo il forum da secoli e nn mi aspettavo gente nuova che postava nel 2020

- - - Updated - - -

i remember this magazine and tgm, i trew them all in a bucket,too bad..
    Ci sono sempre nuove sorprese, come và carissimo Fede
    Hai buttatto tutte le riviste?? anche quelle di GMC

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

non capisco

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Padrino? View Post
    Ci sono sempre nuove sorprese, come và carissimo Fede
    Hai buttatto tutte le riviste?? anche quelle di GMC
    Tutto bene,si purtroppo si,avevo una bella collezione,non inquiniamo più con l'italiano va ahaha

Random girl

Downloads:Uploads: 0

This image is genius:
    https://i.imgur.com/DMmjVr4.png

Btw too bad you threw the magazines God's Hand, I have the game CD at hand but the rest of the magazine should be somewhere taking dust.
    The most you're going to get by arguing with a squirrel is just some squeaking and some bites on your fingers.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information