Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.
    Campers Clan

Downloads: 60  Uploads: 5

Sky's top 10 games

Ok so after all the feelings and good old drama threads, I thought it would be good to get back at my usual boring kind of stuff

So here's my top 10 best games ever
    Of course let me remind you this is my personal choices and it will only include games that I have played. So let's begin:

Honorary mention: Call Of Duty: Warzone

COD Warzone is in my mind the best battle royale ever made. As a Counter Strike player i've always ditched the CoD franchise ever since it existed, for me it has always pumped all the ideas from CS and shape it into some AAA shit, expensive games you play 10 hours and then sell right after because you finished it and will no longer play it again.
    But having tried all battle royales (excepts Apex Legends) it's in Warzone that I had the best experience. Helped with my CS roots, the game was also quite balanced, really playable, dynamic, and it gave me the possibility to play with friends who were playing on console.

Now why it is a honorary mention: this latest update is in my opinion absolutely awful, this new map is like 3 time smaller than the previous one, there's pretty much only jungle and nothing to hide, almost feels like playing PUBG now, and those weapons... I mean I like modern weapons and not this stone age bullshit.
    Warzone is meant to evolve a lot, which makes it hard to rank in a thread like this.

10: Serious Sam 2

So many people disliked this game for so many reason, but considering the general disapointement SSHD, 3 and 4 were, I believe SS2 was by far the funniest SS ever made. Even if I prefer the "serious" artistic direction, I appreciated Sam 2 for being so original and still a well born game in its time (unlike SS4 that arrived 7 years too late).

9: Banjo & Kazooie (N64)

I did a top 10 because it is much harder to rate good games than bad games, especially if you don't play that much games like me, but it's even harder to rank them in the right order because they're all games i've really appreciated.
    This is the best example: It's only 9th but if I could put it in my top 3, it would be in it. The N64 was the best console of its time, it didn't met the sales of the PS1 but it was technologically better. and Rare Ware (these two English brothers who granted us the legendary 007 Golden Eye) managed to exploit the power of this console even better with a handful of amazing games - better games than Nintendo's home liscences. Banjo & Kazooie was one of them.

8: Lilat Wars (Star Fox 64) / Star Fox Adventures

I'll be cheating a bit and place two of them on the 8th place. Those are two other examples of Rare Ware awesomeness. Lilat Wars was an aircraft fight game and it was really well made compared to its prequel on SNES. Star Fox Adventures is for the GameCube pretty much like what Banjo & Kazooie was on N64, a technologic showcase. Rare always knew to exploit 100% of a console abilities and ressources. It's the dirrect sequel to Lilat Wars and is more like a 3D plateformer than an air craft game even though it has minor aircraft gameplay phases (maybe more...). Adventures was also the last game ever from Rare on a Nintendo console because they got bought by Microsoft.

7: Need For Speed Underground 2 / Juiced

Ok i'm cheating again. I'll put these two on the 7th spot because these were out almost at the same time, and when one met big success, the other was forgotten despit big assets. I played both and they are still memorable games for me. NFSU2 brought Japan tuning to another level into our occidental society. I had so much fun modifying all these cars one by one and always trying different stuff, maybe my artistic side speaking xD and this is also the game where I met my first love. Juiced on the other hand didn't have the pretention NFS had, it had way less customization options, certain completely useless (like who the fuck cares about autoradio or horn?) but Juiced kinda invented crew racing and ONLINE CAR BETTING! What an awesome feature it was! I mean you were literally losing your car to your opponent if you were losing the race, or taking his car if you won, that was so good! I still can't get why nobody took the idea for another game. NFSU2's soundtrack was awesome, an era without those modern stupid raps or commercial shit, you had techno, metal and such. But Juiced's soundtrack was in my opinion even better, with rock, trance and other kind of UK beats like breaks or drum and bass. Legendary songs.

6: Ori and the blind forest / Ori and the will of the wisps

A simple game, a simple story. But oh damn how well this is executed, the visuals are outstanding, the soundtrack is just wow. Like I said the story is simple but it's really meaningful and it knows to touch your feelings (I mean, you are just a robot or a ninja if you don't feel anything). This is probably not the best metroidvania but by far my favorite.

5: Monster Hunter: World

I got introduced to the MH franchise by a friend only recently and I gotta admit I haven't enjoyed a game that much since a really long time. The amount of attention paid to so many small details is really amazing and I haven't seen that in a high budget game since ages. Also everytime you think you finished the game, there just happen to be more. bigger, harder to beat. All these monsters may look terrifying, but I will never get enough of seeing these cooking cats

4: The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)

I was 4 yearsold when I started playing this videogame, it was one of the first one I ever played along Super Mario Kart and Super StarWars. Today I would finish it in no time but when I was a kid, it seemed to take so long to finish it, the kind of adventure game you don't forget because it did you spend some good time on it. Fun fact, I thought the green guy's name was Link because of the game title, but I had no idea it was his actual name

3: Warframe

Here we gooooo top 3, here is Warframe. This is one of the biggest free to play TPS/MMORPG and it has really rich content to keep you busy for.. more than 4000 hours like me. This is by far the game i've played the longest time. Enjoyed better when you play with friends, this game's high amount of enemies on display (à la Sam) makes a good aiming training for most of other shooters you will play. Elsewise it has a good story divided into quests, a high amount of missions and sub quests, many planets and satellites to visit, mysteries to discover, the origins of your characters and so on. Play as a robotic/flesh humanoid, mechanoid, use vehicles or hooverboard (a real one), fight with weapons or powers, or blades... unfinite possibilities to mod your weapons to increase their efficiency.. collect ressources to craft the most awesome weapons and so on.

2: Counter-Strike Global Offensive

I'm a competitive player and CS:GO brings everything I need, or rather everything I want in a competitive shooter. Oldschool gameplay, strategically balanced (not perfect but better than any other competitive team games), plenty different modes, even battle royale (which is highly underrated imo, it could be an entire separate Counter-Strike game). So many different weapon skins that, when you have them, increases your in game skills (just like colored names in sam ). Want to compete? this is where it happens.

1: The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time (N64)

I'll do short: if you haven't played this game, you missed something in your life. Stop everything and go play it. Now. Seriously.

Other honorary mentions:

- Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
    - 007 Golden Eye (N64)
    - Super Mario Allstars (SNES)
    - Pokemon Gold/Silver (GBC)
    - Need For Speed: Most Wanted
    - Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012

sorry no sam

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

Man im so glad you mentioned Juiced. I played that game nonstop as a kid and the amount of rage I had while playing it was insane. I only played the career, not the online part but even that was tough. I think it was a game made for a console as opposed to a PC. Let me explain why. So I found that the more exotic your cars were becoming the harder they were to control, I mean if you barely tap the turn button you literally would spit out and lose the race as there was no restart in the career, this caused me to uninstall the game so many times and unplug pc from the socket because I was so mad with losing so much due to the stupid spin outs. But it was always a game I would comeback until one day I mastered it so well that racing for cars would be the only thing I would do. Dodge viper was the one and only car you could use for 1v1 racing for a car as it was the only one that would let you beat the AI. I had maybe 50 of those Dodges in my collection because I got so good against AI that I couldnt lose anymore. So the game became complete for me at that point and I no longer played it.
    I remember a friend showed me this game on a console and he was able to do the tricks on the drifting tracks that I could never do on the PC no matter how hard I tried. However he could never race the way I could but the cars felt so much more controlled on a playstation as opposed to a PC, like no spinouts etc. Idk I will never forget those horrible spinouts in that game and no restart goddamit fuck me I had so many rage hysterias because of that game but it was pretty fucking good.
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

Bellatores

Downloads: 71  Uploads: 0

Heroes 3 HotA is a game which is top 1 for me At all the times this game was the best for me
    Tell a pussy boy that I said, "Step back"
    Motherfucker wanna talk, but I'm gettin' the bag
    I see the reason that the motherfuckers takin' it bad
    They know they never wanna be the one to step like that

Revenge on my chest, I stay in my best
    They stayin' mad that I be winning, do I make you upset?
    I'm makin' moves, and now they comin'
    'Cause I'm gettin' some bread
    But you weren't there when I was broke
    And now you think that we friends
    Forget it

Campers Clan

Downloads: 60  Uploads: 5

Quote Originally Posted by Prottoss View Post
    Man im so glad you mentioned Juiced. I played that game nonstop as a kid and the amount of rage I had while playing it was insane. I only played the career, not the online part but even that was tough. I think it was a game made for a console as opposed to a PC. Let me explain why. So I found that the more exotic your cars were becoming the harder they were to control, I mean if you barely tap the turn button you literally would spit out and lose the race as there was no restart in the career, this caused me to uninstall the game so many times and unplug pc from the socket because I was so mad with losing so much due to the stupid spin outs. But it was always a game I would comeback until one day I mastered it so well that racing for cars would be the only thing I would do. Dodge viper was the one and only car you could use for 1v1 racing for a car as it was the only one that would let you beat the AI. I had maybe 50 of those Dodges in my collection because I got so good against AI that I couldnt lose anymore. So the game became complete for me at that point and I no longer played it.
    I remember a friend showed me this game on a console and he was able to do the tricks on the drifting tracks that I could never do on the PC no matter how hard I tried. However he could never race the way I could but the cars felt so much more controlled on a playstation as opposed to a PC, like no spinouts etc. Idk I will never forget those horrible spinouts in that game and no restart goddamit fuck me I had so many rage hysterias because of that game but it was pretty fucking good.
    yeahhh I remember that fucking Dodge Viper was a pain in the ass to drive, mastering it took me a while aswell (I play racing games with the cross ), I remember the crew IA were constantly fucking up with these so I gave them the Corvette Z06 and everything was fine but imo the Dodge Charger was even worse, that car was literally a soap.

I didn't care losing my cars in bets because I had nuff money to remake the same one over and over again, a friend taught me a little exploit to get unlimited money: organize a drag race between TK and Biggy, bet all your money on Biggy because he wins every time, easy xD

I had a CD for this game but I lost it, I tried to play it again by downloading it some time ago but the game didn't survive the new Windows versions, no matter how much I tried to make it compatible. Juiced is not likely going to be on Steam because THQ bankrupted few years ago, and even if they still exist now under another name (I don't rememeber it) i'm not sure they still have the rights on it

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    yeahhh I remember that fucking Dodge Viper was a pain in the ass to drive, mastering it took me a while aswell (I play racing games with the cross ), I remember the crew IA were constantly fucking up with these so I gave them the Corvette Z06 and everything was fine but imo the Dodge Charger was even worse, that car was literally a soap.

I didn't care losing my cars in bets because I had nuff money to remake the same one over and over again, a friend taught me a little exploit to get unlimited money: organize a drag race between TK and Biggy, bet all your money on Biggy because he wins every time, easy xD

I had a CD for this game but I lost it, I tried to play it again by downloading it some time ago but the game didn't survive the new Windows versions, no matter how much I tried to make it compatible. Juiced is not likely going to be on Steam because THQ bankrupted few years ago, and even if they still exist now under another name (I don't rememeber it) i'm not sure they still have the rights on it
    Yeah man, to be honest, I found crew AI was a lot better at handling the Viper just as enemy AI so my crew drove those, I myself however drove Corvette only on all lap and sprint races as it was little easier to manage than the Viper. I did however use Viper on all Drag races as it was almost impossible to win in any other car, plus it was straight more less so no room for spinouts. I tried the game again when I was 19-20 but rage quit uninstalled it after about 2 hours of gameplay as I lost all the patience and skill I had and never went back since

The betting feature was so unique and I did like the no restart which would ensure that you would lose the bets. Or you could win the bet but still lose the race which was also a cool feature. Car modifications were on similar level to underground 2 so no complaints in that regard. Overall it was an excellent game for its time and had everything you needed apart from couple of things like an open city and cops maybe but it wasnt all that necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

I also had to use Viper or all Car for Car races too as the AI would almost be unmatched in other cars unless you manage to make the enemy lose control
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

i once got monster hunter world for free, it looked fantastic but when i tried to play the campaign u needed online players but nobody played the game.. uninstalled it quickly - or did i do something wrong? xd

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Banned

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Need For Speed Underground 2 / Juiced.
    I used to play this game a lot.

Golden^_+Imperator

Downloads: 200  Uploads: 24

.D

*~>>Devils Ultimate d'Erektor<<~*

People who lead a very successful business, usually tend to have extremely low freetime which results in depressions.
    The only thing that matters is personal happines and health, money can destroy both.
    ~Amco 2016

It doesnt matter what you look like, or what stereotype you fulfill as long, as you're modest
    and respectful towards everyone, and feel comfortable about yourself.
    ~Amco 2020

post your screens? played yesterday? of today? no screens available? No screens of january? december 2022? november 2022? no played matches in sam? hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol. ~Vyebani User 2023

Thread Information