Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.

View Poll Results: What do you think of game modifications?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • ALL game modifications should be considered cheating

8 50.00%
  • Only advantages provided by third party software is cheating

3 18.75%
  • Only third party software and modified files by coding is cheating

0 0%
  • Third party software, coding and texture replacement is cheating

5 31.25%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Campers Clan

Downloads: 15  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Salker90 View Post
    X fighter right? good times
    yep how's it goin?
    'To tell you the truth, I can beat anyone in the world.' ~ Bruce Lee

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

reason bad i po6li naxyi moy so6ki .DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

Director

Downloads: 33  Uploads: 10

Just send me the 115€, it's no big deal oh no no big deaaaaal
    Where r my 115e? and now we Have a Problem.
    -
    -----------------

GameZone24.net Forums founder. The Director since 2003

Campers Clan

Quote Originally Posted by HeLLspAWn View Post
    Just send me the 115€, it's no big deal oh no no big deaaaaal
    reading this I realize how autistic I am. I don't even understands people's jokes here xd

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    reading this I realize how autistic I am. I don't even understands people's jokes here xd

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Campers Clan

I bet this guy is a famous rapper now but if he isn't it's no big deal imo

Bellatores

Downloads: 71  Uploads: 0

.DDDDDDDD

Campers Clan

.ddddddddddfighter

Ace Gamer

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Necrobump just to say I'm amazed how in 2022 you guys are still discussing this dead and abandoned game.
    I get it, we all loved SS TSE, but the devs really let us down big time, especially in regards to the competitive community who enjoyed deathmatch.

Back in 2015 I tried to revive the scene with TSE HD collaborating with Croteam, but they simply weren't interested in it at all, and instead focused on the single player aspect of future titles. Now we have SS4 without any versus modes at all, which is a huge middle finder to all of us.

I got commissioned by Croteam to develop a few maps to promote the launch of the Steam Workshop, but ultimately it didn't really bring in any new players becasue they refused to develop dedicated server support for moddable content. This heavily stifled any possibility of the game game traction through user created content.

Chatting with Roman Ribaric of Croteam was interesting, but immediately underlined where their piorities were. Definately NOT on versus content at all.

Having 2 seperate versions, moddable and non moddable, just killed the game.

Regarding the cheating, there really is nothing at all you can do about it since SS TSE never had any anticheat so it was totally uncontrolled.

Lightbuilgs were for skins like Kleer Kurt that people always tended to pick, becoming basically invisible. It was such a shit show now that I think back. Good times nonetheless. There was some real talent playing the game, but now times have changed and FPS arena is dead.

Ultimately this is one of the main reasons I switched to SS HD back in 2009, to get away from all the damn cheating making the game impossible to play. HD was, on average, better than classic for balance, settings etc. Many OG players seemed kind of "allergic" to it, for whatever reason. Probably didn't have the skills to adapt

Who knows how long it will be until we see another game like this. Prossibly never because there is simple no interest in it. Epic Games straight out killing the Unreal franchise was the last nail in the coffin.

All I can say is that it was a good ride. All good things eventually come to an end.

InterPlayFigonaOwner

Downloads: 49  Uploads: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb89 View Post
    Necrobump just to say I'm amazed how in 2022 you guys are still discussing this dead and abandoned game.
    I get it, we all loved SS TSE, but the devs really let us down big time, especially in regards to the competitive community who enjoyed deathmatch.

Back in 2015 I tried to revive the scene with TSE HD collaborating with Croteam, but they simply weren't interested in it at all, and instead focused on the single player aspect of future titles. Now we have SS4 without any versus modes at all, which is a huge middle finder to all of us.

I got commissioned by Croteam to develop a few maps to promote the launch of the Steam Workshop, but ultimately it didn't really bring in any new players becasue they refused to develop dedicated server support for moddable content. This heavily stifled any possibility of the game game traction through user created content.

Chatting with Roman Ribaric of Croteam was interesting, but immediately underlined where their piorities were. Definately NOT on versus content at all.

Having 2 seperate versions, moddable and non moddable, just killed the game.

Regarding the cheating, there really is nothing at all you can do about it since SS TSE never had any anticheat so it was totally uncontrolled.

Lightbuilgs were for skins like Kleer Kurt that people always tended to pick, becoming basically invisible. It was such a shit show now that I think back. Good times nonetheless. There was some real talent playing the game, but now times have changed and FPS arena is dead.

Ultimately this is one of the main reasons I switched to SS HD back in 2009, to get away from all the damn cheating making the game impossible to play. HD was, on average, better than classic for balance, settings etc. Many OG players seemed kind of "allergic" to it, for whatever reason. Probably didn't have the skills to adapt

Who knows how long it will be until we see another game like this. Prossibly never because there is simple no interest in it. Epic Games straight out killing the Unreal franchise was the last nail in the coffin.

All I can say is that it was a good ride. All good things eventually come to an end.
    Thanks for your insight Zeb

I don't understand why some oldies come back to the forum and think that we talk about Sam on day to day, its literally a hub for conversation from time to time simply because it still exists. No more no less

Pity you didn't have much success with Croteam, they threw the TSE Revolution under the bridge as well, they destroyed all the confidence in themselves within the community.

Dark skins were never an issue for any truly skilled TSE player, and an excuse to use lightbulbs is just an excuse to get advantage, thats the way it was and thats the way it will be, manipulating the game with external settings - cheating. "bonlysam" command exists for a reason.

I think up until 2016, the game was still thriving. you could always find servers with players daily. I mean hell.. we have screens to prove it. I know a perfect player here with whom you can talk about balance the balance settings of the game were never going to change it was about the survival of the most adaptable. So your argument as to why skilled players didnt go for TSE HD can be uno reversed on you too

So long as this forum remains hosted, chatting, stories and discussions will still take place

- - - Updated - - -

also year 2023
    Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu DIRECTOR

Vladislav ] Prottoss [ Director macCream po va6emu ot4estvu IMPERATOR

Susperme Leader of GameZloty115.btc
    Susperme Leader of Immortals
    Susperme Leader of InterPlay
    Susperme Leader of FIGONA
    Susperme KING of FRANCE
    Susperme Leader of Devils

VPN Elite

Downloads: 31  Uploads: 0

great to see you zeb ... i really enjoyed some of your streams, especially teabagging others in rage mode xd
    i didnt understand anything but imo it was still very entertaining..
    are you still up streaming from time to time? (i started to disslike twitch for some reason)

i dont get croteams mission AT ALL,

a resonable ffa arena shooter with a battlepass for cosmetics brings tons of money if you do it the right way

they have the abilities but rather prefer to continue the merchandise with boring single player content..

hm sad. just stay a "legend" on gz these days. inactive since decades or activ as "Alias" with vpn lol.

Ace Gamer

Downloads:Uploads: 0

Hi, man.

To answer your question: I'm streaming Dead by Daylight, in english. It's a whole different game but, as mentioned earlier, there is pretty much no longer anyone playing or watching FPS arena games as developers are discontinuing any such projects after multiple of them flopped. I think this is also due to bad game design and balance, in some cases ... but they seem to blame the whole genre for "being old". I disagree.

Serious Sam Classic Revolution was indeed a great opportunity to create a modernized version of classic that kept the same gameplay but refreshed it with some of the benefits of a modern game, such as enhanced settings and an anticheat system. Not sure how far they could have taken it if it was indeed running on the Serious Engine 1, but it still could have been something really great.

Instead, as mentioned, there never was any real interest. They are currently focused on Talos 2 which is their cash cow.

A big mistake for the Sam franchise was to make many, many different games and keep splitting the community instead of committing to a single version of the game tailored especially for multiplayer with support for workshop with dedicated servers.

How the hell can you populate versus mode if you keep splitting the (already not too large) versus community playerbase all the time?
    You can't!

- SS HD TFE
    - SS HD TSE
    - SS 3
    - SS Fusion 2017
    - SS 2 (fairly recently updated)

That's already 5 without counting the classics. It's a complete joke.

Now the ball is in Timelock Studio's court (the creators of Siberian Mayhem)
    They could maybe decide to work on a versus mode for Serious Sam 4, because CT sure as hell won't.
    Survival mode got pushed in, so it's unlikely but probably not totally out of the question.

At any rate, we'll see what happens.

Campers Clan

Downloads: 59  Uploads: 5

I admit I have to agree with everything Zeb has said, just look at the most recent FPS arena like TOXIKK, UT4 and Shoot Mania (ok shootmania is not that recent anymore) did you forget about those names? yes you did.

And what have they done with Quake Champions? utter trash game

what fears me the most is that oldschool team tactical FPS games might follow the same path, ok CS2 is coming but it's already the last, now you got those newschool things such as Overwatch, Valorant and Apex Legends... Maybe it's a lot of fun, even surely, but is it the kind of competitive game that we want?

not for me.

Corsair - Asus - Razer - Beyerdynamic

Gospodski

Downloads: 165  Uploads: 0

As I said few years ago, ss never planned to be competitive game. It's the communiy who made it.

- - - Updated - - -

And im not talking nonsense, thats what they have said in one tv report show few years ago

Bellatores

Downloads: 25  Uploads: 0

I have a custom crosshair for yeeeeeears (probably since 2005/2006). Rest is all basic.

Did play around with changing textures, but never played with it online (and since I actually just changed all textures to pink it was even a disadvantage).
    And used to have santa sam fix and lightbulbs on those annoyingly dark skins. But then I learned about onlysam and just used that ever since.

Anything that would help me with my network or better view on my laptop that's not considered cheating would be more than welcome (tfe and tse) :')

The First Encounter

The Second Encounter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information