Welcome to the GameZone24.net Forums - Serious Sam.

Thread: How to...

A fat, lazy bastard

Downloads:Uploads: 0

How to...

How to... use the Serious Editor 2.... nothing major in this thread until I can get some first room action going, just for now some trick and stuff... like messing with the editor

How to... Activate combo weapons

Found at Seriously forums, not in tut form...

Ok first of all you should have the editor open (duh...). Go to Open>Document, just document so you can look at all the files.

It should be in the Serious Sam 2 folder, go to Content>SeriousSam2>Databases and click on it

So now that it is open, scroll down until you see Combo Weapons, click on the other side where it says Never, a lsit comes down, click on Allow custom combination....

After you do that, go to File>Save so your changes will stay the way you set them

Now to see what it did....

Ok, so after you have saved your changes, open a map (I open my first room, unc). You can open what ever map you want to open, just go to Content>SeriousSam2>Levels and choos a folder...

If it is not in the entities area, do so by pressing the folder with an E on it at the top of the browser

then click on the folder named Entities... It is in the list so no need for scrolling

Just drag comboweapons into the level. Now you can choose what guns to have! Just set the Left and Right hand weapon and ammo, no need to mess with anything else, you do not need to choose the sniper and minigun you can do what you want! (Config the settings in the entity tab!!!)

Now comes the hard part Testing the game... just press T to start a simulation... Press the left mouse for left weapon and right for right weapon, oh and if you did not know esc exits the simulation

I might just edit mental institution for this and some other stuff, might be fun

(click on the image it is a thumbnail... Image size is 800x600)

might add some other stuff later, oh and if this is the wrong place, move it please...

EDIT: Anothwe tasty thing is that you can change the left weapon when you pick up the combo weapons (just left) it is awsome...
    MainiaC screens|My steam page!|STEAM Friends name: arragon1|<<WB>>MainiaC|
    "Wow is there seriously a county called Goochland. Virginia, I'm really embarassed for you."

Administrator

Thx this will be usefull for mapping n00bs like myself. (Altho I'm not gonna use the editor, bu if others will. )
    Stifmeister -)Campers(-

"Empty-net goals are for homos."
    ~ Al Iafrate

A fat, lazy bastard

you know what else, you can use this in game too, I just hosted a server with it and everyone who joined could use 2 weapons

that is pretty cool, I am going to mess with the power ups now, I will see what I can do with those
    "Wow is there seriously a county called Goochland. Virginia, I'm really embarassed for you."

Administrator

Stifmeister -)Campers(-

"Empty-net goals are for homos."
    ~ Al Iafrate

Hey, mate, the weapons are editable? I mean...type of shots, velocity of fire, damage and so on...

A fat, lazy bastard

yes, I think so because I saw something about bullets, hang on Ill check it out

well from game paramaters they aren ot but I guess that is a diff thing, but I am pretty sure... yes there are

Thread Information